• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sup guys, hunting coyotes in cedar city utah

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well its not as easy as some may think. lol shit just get boring.

my rifle is a 1970's winchester bolt action 243. 80gr bullets. 3x9 weaver

vehicle of choice is a 07/86 bronco 2, 2.9l, auto. 30 inch tires.

i dont really know what to say, but i have qeustion, whats the easiest way to hunt coyote, day, time, season. i lil but not a lot.

richlands55

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
English translation please? I thought sup was something you did out of a cup?

The easiest way to hunt coyote, is to find some dead grass, lie in it and be vewy,vewy quite. Use carrots to lure `em in.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice got another forum with a troll.

i was being serious. and obviously you havnt got a clue on how to hunt coyotes so find yourself a topic you know something about.

and fyi SIP is what you do out of a cup.

MPRanger

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
nice got another forum with a troll.

i was being serious. and obviously you havnt got a clue on how to hunt coyotes so find yourself a topic you know something about.

and fyi SIP is what you do out of a cup.
"Sup" is the past tense of "sip".

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
awesomesauce. thats fantastic. i guess its about time they started adding slang into the dictionary.

when i was growing up sup ment hi.

RICO9

07/2014 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Title says 84.
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Size
2.8L w/ Chevy TBI.
Transmission
Manual
I don't know anything about hunting coyotes, but welcome to the site from another Utah B2! ( i'm in west jordan)

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i would think the easiest way to hunt coyotes is to sit on a hill where you see a good distance in several directions and glass the area. then make sure you have a gun/scope combo that's capable of hitting a coyote to humanely dispatch it. scope data for your particular bullet/caliber of choice and a scope that's easily adjustable (ie, a tactical or target scop, quality of the glass being more important than magnification.)

here's mine

MPRanger

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Anyways back to the purpose of this post.

Go on a moon lit night so you can see them. Now you'll have to do the research to see what is legal in your state. I use an electronic call with the recording of a dying rabbit and spray fox urine some where away from where you're at and you can also drag the carcass of rabbit or squirrel behind a truck or atv. Use a small caliber rifle .243 or smaller I use my AR-15 or a shot gun with 00 buckshot. Don't use bird shot you'll risk just injuring the coyote and also damaging the pelt.

There are also a lot of hand calls out there but they take lots of practice. Don't go out thinking you'll just wing it bad calling is just as bad as playing your favorite tunes on a loud speaker.

Hope this helps and good luck. Anymore ?'s just ask.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
super sick rifle 88, what cal is that. good info too. i know the blm out here sets snar's. lol and if pretty obvious that they can catch them cuz the dogs are all bone. lol.

mpranger..... the laws here are that you dont have to have a permit to hunt. but have to be in post hunting areas of course. im to good at night, bad night vision. ill try it early morning to see what happens. and ill get myself a good call and just find out what happens. thx both you guys

MPRanger

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Early morning works too. I just said that because they are most active at night. You can also go during the day as well. I don't know how many I've shot after sitting in a deer stand for eight hours. Something's going to die. Low and behold a lone coyote. Bang $60 dollars richer.

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
it's a .308, remington 700P (police sniper rifle) and a 10x42 SWFA super sniper scope.

MPRanger

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
it's a .308, remington 700P (police sniper rifle) and a 10x42 SWFA super sniper scope.
Nice choice 88.

Bronco you definitely don't want or need to use a rifle that big if you want to actually sell the pelt which is the only reason to go hunting for coyotes. IMO I would not use anything bigger than a .243, as I said in a pervious post, with around an 80 grain or less bullet.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Nice choice 88.

Bronco you definitely don't want or need to use a rifle that big if you want to actually sell the pelt which is the only reason to go hunting for coyotes. IMO I would not use anything bigger than a .243, as I said in a pervious post, with around an 80 grain or less bullet.
thanks, i'm very happy with it. super easy to turn into a tack driver with no long range shooting instruction. the trigger is the only thing i dont like. they're less than a grand too, i was able to save up for mine in college.

and i agree, if you want the pelts, a .308 is way too big, especially if you're using a FMJ projectile. i'm not interested in the pelts, so a .308 would be perfect for me. i dont see to many where i hunt, but they're out there.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
mpranger, thats funny thats somthings going to die when hunting deer. no matter what it is. hahahahaha.

my rifle is a 243. 80 gr. it was my moms and it finally got passed down to me. i was super happy. hahahaha. ill post pics once i have enuff posts.

88. i used to own 30-06 savage. that gun kicked hard. lol 180 gr was a bit much for that. i could only imagine what would happen if i had shot one with that. hahahaha. :shok:

if im a able to actually hit one. i would hope i could keep the pelt or just do it reep the benifets of the money received. i need a more powerful scope. its got the orig weaver 3x9. i was to get a center point 4x16. walmarts got it but funds are low right now.

thx to both you guys tho. your both helping a lot

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
the center point at walmart is gonna be a chinese made POS, dont waste your money on it. just save til you can buy something better.

like i posted above, you want quality glass over magnification. for instance, i have a 18x-37x bushnell spotting scope. i was shooting at 250 yards one time and i could see the bullet holes in the target with my rifle scope, but not with the spotting scope.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals