• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mack4

mack4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know where I can get an original BUILD SHEET for my 2002 Ford Explorer? Is there a place in the vehicle where I can look at the BUILD SHEEt?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Pull up the carpet in the passenger's foot well. Sometimes they get left under there. You can also call Ford, they keep them on file.

If you give me the VIN I can get you something that is close to the build sheet. It tells you engine, trans, color, gears and such, but not some of the other things like sun-roof or heated mirrors.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I know in older vehicles they would put the in the bottom of the seat. I highly doubt that they do that anymore though. There used to contact info floating around the net for a department at Ford which would provide them for a small fee. Never bothered remembering or bookmarking it though, because IMO they are really only useful for restoration purposes. I don't intend to leave anything I build stock so I don't care about what it came with from the factory.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I know in older vehicles they would put the in the bottom of the seat. I highly doubt that they do that anymore though. There used to contact info floating around the net for a department at Ford which would provide them for a small fee. Never bothered remembering or bookmarking it though, because IMO they are really only useful for restoration purposes. I don't intend to leave anything I build stock so I don't care about what it came with from the factory.
I know they still put them under the carpets because I just found one this summer on a 2011. The H-valve for the A/C gave out and we could only get it with a new condenser (parts availability issues) so I had the whole interior of the truck out. Found it when I pulled up the carpet to reposition the floor ducts.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Sorry I was typing my reply same time as you were, didn't see your post till after I hit submit. Wasn't questioning your reply in the slightest.

mack4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi: This is mack4. my VIN # is: 1FMZU74WX2UA57252 Thanks

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Pretty run of the mill Explorer:

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: 2002 EXPLORER 4DR BODY STYLE: 4 DR EDDIE BAUER 4X4 ENGINE: 4.6L SOHC (ROMEO)
TRANSMISSION: 5R55W AUTOMATIC AXLE CODE: D4 ENGINE CALIBRATION: 1U51A50A
PAINT COLOR: OXFORD WHITE SOLID C/C PAINT CODE: YZ RADIO: AM/FM STRO/CD CHANGER/CLK
AXLE RATIO: 3.73 FINAL DRIVE RATIO WHEEL SIZE: 7.0 X 16" 5 SPOKE CHROME WHLS FRONT TIRE: P245/70R-16 OWL A-S
GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT: 5840 LB. GVW

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals