• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dumb question, maybe.

Jorley

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 duraspark
Transmission
Manual
I have a chance to get some 32x11.50 for a pretty good price. What I need to know is if my Bll can handle them. I have the 2.8l with 3.73 gears front and rear, running 31x10.50 right now. Can the engine and gears handle the bigger tires. I know they are not that much bigger, but I'd rather ask a dumb question than mess up my truck. BTW, I don't have any lift, will I need some?

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
don't quote me or sue me if my .05$ messes it up but i think you could just make it u might need some fender trimming this tire chart say's it should be ok but look for yourself and dont take my word for it, what it comes down to is that u need to ask yourself WHY you want them and what type of driving you do

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/gearandtirechart.html

Dustin

Thighman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
"If it don't fit,force it. If that don't work get a bigger hammer!"

That is your quote so why not just go by that? Cuz w/ no lift and 32s you should get definate rubing, a lag in acceleration (just like w/ the 31s vs stock), and a strain on your tranny. But luckily enough you have a manual so that is not really a factor. The fit will just get tighter. Also the D28 may not work to well under high stress situations off road.

Jorley

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 duraspark
Transmission
Manual
Nice, Thighman! lol. I got to thinking about it and figured it wasn't too good of an idea. At least until I can set my truck up for it. Just got kinda crazy when I found the tires. Thanks for the input and the quick replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals