• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

wheel spacers

jstr180

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
will they do any harm or is there any risk in putting them on? i dont see why it would make a difference but i was told that they arent safe

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
they will increase wheel bearing wear.

they arent necessarily "unsafe" as long as you check your wheel bearings regularly and dont abuse your vehicle.

jstr180

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok so if im going to be offroading a lot you wouldnt suggest it then?

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Well there made from 6061 T6 billet aluminum & cnc machined & hve 1/2 wheel studs pressed into the back side & there torqued to specs as if they were the wheel being installed on the vehicle.

Boyd Coddington,Jesse James wheels are made from the same material ,NO safety issues there.

Check out the front hub set ups on factory dually 1 ton truck, they all have factory style spacer that sets the dually front wheel center farther out to allow for the tire to clear the suspension & they use the same wheel bearing as the single wheel 1 ton trucks.

Using a 1.25-2.0 wheel spacer with a 15x8 wheel is not any different then buying a heavier 15x10 wheel with more back spacing.

I have cherokee wheels on my ranger & im using 1.5 wheel spacers on all four corner's so as to make the whole vehicle have th wider stance along with giving me the extra turning clearance for the 31x10.50 Yokahoma Geolander A/T.

spidertrax's statement:
Spidertrax has been providing the off-road market with quality wheel spacers for over 7 years. With our vehicle specific designs, aluminum anodizing for critical corrosion resistance, and our unmatched competition tested no risk money back guarantee, it's easy to see why Spidertrax Wheel Spacers are the #1 choice among four-wheelers. All Spidertrax Wheel Spacer Kits come complete with 2 6061T6 anodized aluminum wheel spacers, pre-installed wheel studs, lugnuts, and Loctite. Proudly manufactured in the United States of America.

there are other companies making them as well & they can be purchased from Ebay in either a 2 pc or 4 pc set

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals