• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

performance pads/rotors

jimbo74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
where can i get some performance pads or rotors? which ones are the best? i do a lot of mixed driving, but i drive very agressively.... thats high speed short distance stops.... i wnat to prevent warping as long as possible and also want the most bite from my pad to decrease stopping distance

oh yeah, truck is a 98 ranger 2wd supercab

Last edited:

michowski

Reaction score
I got a set of drilled and slotted rotors with some high performance pads for my truck and I love it. Definatly a lot better and more consistant. Just make sure the wheels are all torqued down and you should be good to go. I used to have brake fade on my stock brakes with 31" tires and I have yet to have anything less then amazing braking with my new pads and rotors.

jimbo74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
what kind did you get and from where?

my ranger is a 2wd, with a open 3.73 automatic supercab 3.0 with a 4r44e
i have put bigger tires on it as well... it has 235/75/15s on it now... effectively making my gear ratio a 3.41

michowski

Reaction score
I got em from this company http://www.raceconcepts.net/car.php. They do sell on ebay as well for cheaper and thats were I made the transaction with this company. Everything went great and the final product was awesome. All there rotors are cnc'd also and they dont do it untill you order it. I had a very good experience with them

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds to me you are a very aggressive driver. What I'd do in your case is go with a good quality slotted rotor. This will cut down on heat, yet not make the rotor weak (as with drilling, and slots). The problem with some of these rotors, is that once they warp, crack etc. They are done. There's no turning them, or at least it's very difficult to do without chipping the bit. When it comes to pads, I'd just get a good high quality semi-metallic pad.

jimbo74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i got some sweet rotors for my wifes durango.... ssbc.... they did get worn down with some slight grinding, and she had a local shop turn them... good as new.... well except they used standard pads, and they dont bite like the good ones she used to have....

how are performance friction pads? i think autozone sells them, and they offer a free replacement warranty

86isuzu

TRS Member Since 2003
Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
tirerack carries performnace brakes. and so does 4 wheel parts.

Robin Hood

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah slotted are a lot tougher than slotted and drilled.

semi mat pads are good too.

jimbo74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
what brand names to look at?

how are performance metallic?

i got brembo blanks from tirerack before, and htese too are now warped pretty bad... there is still about half life left on the pads... i htink the pads are raybestos noise solution

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals