• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88' Ranger GT pics

sand_runner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys this is my GT, I got it from a guy who had lowered it and shaved the door handles. I didn't even know there was a ranger gt when i bought this truck, now that i know more about it i like it even more. I have been reading on this site since i got this, and was wondering if it was a true ranger gt because it's black and the guy i bought it from said it was black when he got it from the original owner. From what i read on here it said gt's were only sold in red, white, and blue. So i contacted ford with then vin#, after waiting about three weeks i got a call from a lady with ford. She told me based on the vin it is a ranger gt, she said some other things about the truck but we had bad reception and i miss some things she said. I asked her if she would send me the build sheet, because i was considering selling it. She said she would mail it to me, but it still hasn't came yet and it's prolly been 2 months now. I want to try again though when i get some time.

http://s1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh588/sanddrum/

I hope that works ok i havent used photobucket before, but if it's right it should have pics of the truck.:icon_hornsup:

longbedGTs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That's a nice looking truck. GTs look great when lowered. :headbang: So the VIN does identify whether or not the truck is a GT...interesting. The 88 GTs actually came in 6 different colors. Have you looked under the carpet on the passengers side? That's usually where the build sheet is, but it's probably pretty fragile from years of dampness.

Last edited:

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good, DEFIINTELY needs some different wheels, like the oldschool mags or something ...

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So the VIN does identify whether or not the truck is a GT...interesting.
-not......called myself with my own VIN. all they can tell you, is the same as before. she must have just been trying to move you along or appease you one. only thing they can do is refer you over to the site to order your build sheet. otherwise as jason said, i'd pull back the carpet and look for the original build sheet, and/or possibly see if the gfx has the correct mounting hardware on the top and bottom. ive learened that those who try to affix it to non original trucks use less than desirable ways to attach it........:icon_idea:

littlezell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was wondering about if these trucks were made this way.... there is acouple of rangers with the gt ground effects on it.... didnt think that was factory...

sand_runner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I need to sell my gt now, because I'm wanting a new car for the whole fam. It's gonna be hard to let it go though. I've put so much work and $ into it cuz its been my hobby for a while.

sand_runner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I never thought a ford rep would do that, but it's a possibility. I know it's not under the carpet because I put all the interior back into the truck, after the paint job, and reapholstering of the seat headliner and visors. The owner before me stripped the truck and I rebuilt it. I doubt he even knows it had a build sheet, I didnt until I read about them on this site. But in addition to the ground effects it has bucket seats, and it has front and rear sway bars. It has a very tight steering response, its way better then the 92 ranger my dad had.

Waterdragon

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good to me, But there are few modifications to be done like changing the wheels and some work to the interior.

littlezell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
there is a gt sitting down the road from me that is for sale... it is alittle rough....

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
nice truck, needs bigger rims tho. but they are a semi-rare truck to own, pretty cool :icon_thumby:

Golden Ranger

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
We purchased this truck 10 years ago from the 82 year old original owner - that's a story in it's self. The rotten exhaust was replaced as were the original wheels (still have them). I added 234 miles to the odometer that fall. The truck then sat in the garage 2 years and got the boot to sit outside for the next 8 years. :shok: The "Golden Ranger" needed the bay.

Well three weeks ago the city police informed us of the junk car ordinance (outside storage of an unregistered vehicle). I think this law is good until it was applied to us.

We had 2 weeks to:
A - Move it to inside storage
B - Remove it from the city
C - Aquire registration and safe operating condition

My lovely wife of 31 years was not amused and was confused by my joy over this delema.
:icon_idea:

I opted for D - "All of the above"

Instead of going to the dealership and buying off the shelf, her 2012 Focus, I decided to create my vehicle from what we had already purchased many years ago. I cleared a garage bay and moved it inside while making arrangements to remove it from the city to a super secret renovation lab located just across the county line.

Seriously, 9 year old High Test runs OK, but at 10 years it's a non starter?

Edit:
One of the Techs asked if the gas gage was working? Sure. Why? Because it reads empty. One of my inbread neighbors had liberated my fuel. Added locked gas cap to the list.

Making the escape...

Last edited:

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
-sweet truck. need more pics....

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
nice. love the long bed versions......

89Ranger5.0

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 302
Transmission
Manual
God I want a gt long bed. Mice truck!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals