• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bought a F250!

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've been looking for a diesel lately and ran across this truck in Texas. My Uncle lives down there so I had him check it out for me. It's a 2001 F250 4x4 7.3 automatic CCSB with 106k miles on it. Here's some pictures from the for sale ad. I'm going to pick it up this weekend!

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Thats a nice truck!! How much were they wanting for it?? Whats the plans for it??
SVT

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
sweet! rockwells and 40's STAT

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

countryboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
very clean always liked that body style f-250 and 7.3. 100,000 i see u riding this one till it goes done in about what a million miles

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thats a nice truck!! How much were they wanting for it?? Whats the plans for it??
SVT
I paid a little over $17k for it. 2 owner Texas truck. Everything local I found they wanted more money with more miles and they weren't even Lariat models! Plans are 6637 air filter, still deciding on exhaust, and a programmer or gauges to monitor boost, EGTs, and trans temp.
sweet! rockwells and 40's STAT
Haha, you would!
Thanks!
very clean always liked that body style f-250 and 7.3. 100,000 i see u riding this one till it goes done in about what a million miles
Haha, hopefully! I love CCSBs! I can't wait to bring it home.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
def get a pyrometer to make sure you don't have too many pyroms in the exhaust if you have too many pyroms running through the turbo, it can burn it out quite fast...

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The dilemma i'm having is whether I want gauges or a programmer that displays everything I want to monitor.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
By the time you get all the gauges (boost, pyro, and trans temp) you can just about pay for a tuner/programmer that will display that and more, plus give you the benefit of tuning for better mpg's and power...
SVT

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I don't plan on chipping it or running a programmer/tuner for power. The intake/exhaust will be for mileage and sound. I'll probably end up with a programmer anyway because i've looked at prices of gauges and they're not cheap!

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't know what you're doing with it but you don't need anything added for it to do it's job. My old crewcab doesn't even have a tachometer to make sure there's not too many tachs. Nowdays, even a friggin Honda Fit has a tachometer. What the hell is up with that? What possible benefit is derived from knowing how fast your engine is spinning? How fast should it be spinning? My wife's Pilot has a tach. What did that cost? You just put it in D and drive it. What the hell is the tach for? Gauges are even more stupid than idiot lights. They make you keep looking at them when you should be watching the damn road. People have developed this thing about gauges.

The only useful gauges in my tow vehicle are the fuel gauge and the speedometer--which I don't really use because I'm distracted by my GPS. The rest of it is just crap that makes us feel like airplane pilots. I have a boost gauge and EGT, but I never look at them. I never look at the oil pressure, coolant temp or volts. I'd rather be like a military truck and have a speedo surrounded by a battery of big fat idiot lights. My chainsaw, pushmower and string trimmer have no gauges. It's because you don't need them. When your friggen radiator hose blows, your first indication won't be the gauge needle. It will be all that steam blasting up through the grill.

Why do you think they call it an idiot light? It's because if the bad shit happens and it takes a light to alert you, you're an idiot.

A gauge is like an ultra idiot light. It won't alert you to anything. The steam blasts up through the grill and then, like a complete idiot, you look to the gauge to see if you are overheating.

Damn the gauges!

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
nice truck Tom!

relax Will. gauges are cool to look at LOL

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dunno how they perform with a PS, but the Edge CS and CST are a pretty neat tuners with a display.

And for Will they also display alerts when certain parameters are exceeded (that you can set)... making them customizable idiot lights as well. Also adjust tire sizes and read trouble codes as well.

They vastly improve the shifting if nothing else. :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys. I will be getting gauges instead of a programmer. If I want more power i'll put a chip in it. First is intake then gauges then exhaust!

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dunno how they perform with a PS, but the Edge CS and CST are a pretty neat tuners with a display.

And for Will they also display alerts when certain parameters are exceeded (that you can set)... making them customizable idiot lights as well. Also adjust tire sizes and read trouble codes as well.

They vastly improve the shifting if nothing else. :icon_thumby:
I need one that has one of those boxing gloves that punches you in the face when it's time to shut it down.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals