• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help i'm a dumb@ss - need pics of 2.8 carb

b2redneck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Help! I'm a dumb@$$.

I let my ego get in the way rebuilding the stock carb on my 2.8. Everything went smooth except for putting the choke side (passenger side) of the carb back together. Haynes manual has been of no help and the exploded diagram that came with the rebuild kit is vague and evasive.

Anyone have any close-up pictures of the passenger side of the 2.8 carb?

Thanks in advance for your help. Have a good one!

Cwheeler

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
do yourself a favor and throw all that away and get a good manual choke kit:) but if you really really really want the stock choke stuff I can try and get some pictures tommorrow.

b2redneck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Actually i had considered a manual choke, do you have any recommendations on brands/models, etc.

Thanks for your help, any pictures you could provide would be great.

Simple_serf

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Not terribly familiar with the carb on a 2.8, but I have had good luck with those generic kits that they sell at places like autozone.

I think the last one that I installed (on my B2200) was one of the "HELP!" brand units, but I had to get the truck model (it has a longer cable).

b2redneck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just a follow up. Got it all back together last weekend; runs great...now. After reading then pitching the instructions that came with the rebuild kit, i went off of gut feel and random luck to set the float height.

Seriously runs great now, I cant believe how bad it was before. Thanks for your help guys.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals