• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mazda prerunner ideas

smokeater87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
hey there guys,my first time posting here,ive read through some stuff and there is alot of great trucks on here, i got a 89 mazda b2600i 2wd, 5spd, i was going to convert it into 4wd and do rockcrawling but i thought it would be better to do a pre runner, i have done some research and cant find much on the older mazdas and pre-runners,will kits off the same year rangers work like from camburg? and same with fenders and bedsides,will the fiberglass ones from rangers work for my mazda? thank you for the help and i hope ill be able to post my truck build here soon.

-Peter

Ranger97XL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
it should, i'm sure some one else on here is much more qualified but it's my understanding that they're the same truck just re-badged

Davis

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
No the b2600 is a totally different truck. It wasnt til 93 (I think) that the ranger and the b series became the same.

smokeater87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
So any ideas where to find suspension parts or glass for this truck i got?

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
So any ideas where to find suspension parts or glass for this truck i got?
there is lots of lowrider parts for your truck not sure of off road stuff

smokeater87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
lol i know i could bag the thing but im not sure if i want to give up on it,i think i am going to convert it to 4wd before i bag it and make it a lowrider,lol,i was just hoping i could find something here.

prerunin554

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You might just be SOL with that truck. As I recall, the front suspension is a modified mcphearson strut, kinda like all the front wheel drive cars have. You should look into selling it and picking up an older ranger if you are looking for a good platform to start from.

ckblum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
The front suspension is similar to a Nissan Hardbody 2wd and Toyota Pickup 2wd. You can build it but there's no one offering a kit for your truck yet. Swayaway makes a torsion bar for your truck though I'm pretty sure. That is a start at least, you don't need 5" over a-arms to have a prerunner either, just start simple.

CMCG

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So I know this thread is old, but I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in just in case anyone comes accross this and wants to build a Mazda. I had an 87 B2200 that I mildly built, mainly because I had the truck forever and my Pops didn't want me to sell it. There are numerous companies that make glass for the front, which actually looks pretty good. I used 88 Toyota bedsides, but had to do a lot of mods to the bed and the glass had to have a few inches cutt off the front and reglassed to fit the length of the bed. Originally I just had the Fabtech 2.5" kit A-arm with a 3" body lift, and with SAW torison bars, but that kit has been discontinued. Eventually, I had a guy in Riverside, CA (Ruffman Racing, went out of business in 02 I think) build me a long travel kit. It was 4.5" wider per side, with a dual shock set up. He said he upgraded my torsion bars to 300mm (I couldn't afford coilovers), but he was full of sh**. I was in bootcamp at the time, so I get back, pick the truck up, take it through a set of mild whoops, and I broke one of my shocks and bent the shock mount, and the truck dropped in ride height about 1.5" (from undersized torsion bars). In addition to all this, he made the lowers to wide, so my turning radius got cutt in half because the tire rubbed on the inside of the a-arm. To make matters worse, I had to leave in 2 days to drive 3,000 miles across the country for 3 months of training in Virginia. If that ain't bad enough, after my training they send my ass to St. Louis, MO, where there's not a fab shop withing 2,000 miles. About a year later, my heim steering joint rips itself outta the tie rod from corroision, so I had to do some rigging to get it fixed. If you really want a prerunner, whether it be mild or wild, buy a Toyota or a Ranger, thers so many parts and so many shops, stick with what works. I dumped A LOT of money in the Mazda, only to get transferred and not be able to take it with me, so I had to sell it to some redneck who thought it would be a good hunting truck for $500. Seriously. $500. My fu**ing driver seat was worth more than that. Let me know if anybody wants picks, it was a pretty good looking truck.

crash707

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
hey dude i want pix. i have an 86 b2000 i wanna pre runner for shits n giggles

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals