Home Ford Ranger Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum  

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > 1983-2011 Off-Road & 4x4 Ford Ranger's

1983-2011 Off-Road & 4x4 Ford Ranger's Show of your trucks, or post your build threads. This is NOT a help forum. Post your questions in the Help Forums further down

Old 07-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #11
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

Vehicle Year: 1995 1986
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger Super Cab XLT F-150 XL
PlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY964x4 View Post
i spoke to soon , i just picked up a 97 Ex. Cab , 4.0 4x4 5 speed , all power options cruise , with FACTORY buckets and 130k on it for $1500

but yours looks good man
But does it have an awesome blue interior?lol
==>F-OneFiddy Build Thread
PlumCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

SPRING ONLINE MAGAZINE!

Check out the latest articles

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #12
WNY964x4
ASE Master Certified

Vehicle Year: 72-03
Vehicle Make: Chevy,Ford,BMW
Vehicle Model: Lots
I use this vehicle for: Everything
WNY964x4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumCrazy View Post
But does it have an awesome blue interior?lol
i dont think the blue would match the red exterior

Non Ford:
1972 C-10 350 3-speed - Fun toy
1987 BMW 325I 2.5 5-speed - Fun and Economy
1971 BMW 2002 2.0 4-speed - long term restoration
WNY964x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #13
4x4builder1

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Model: Ranger 44" of lift 72" tires
4x4builder1 is on a distinguished road

nice looks good thats just like my beast except mine started as a 2wd
4x4builder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #14
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

PlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to all

I started on the 64" spring swap today.

Its floating

I didn't feel like fighting with all the rusty spring bolts, so I just took it all off together

Old spring and Chevy spring side by side.

New rear hanger and Chevy drop shackle

Before I started

I held the new bracket up where I wanted it and shot some blue paint over it to mark out where I will need cut the cab mount.

I tried to make my cut look clean so I took off a little more than I needed to.

I welded a peice of metal between the frame and the back side of the bed mount to make up for all the metal I removed from the side of the mount

the top front hole of the new hanger will be to high to bolt to the frame so I chopped it off and welded a 1/2 strip to the side and drilled a hole a little lower.

here is what it will look like when it gets bolted up.

holes are drilled and the hanger is done.

When I get the other side done I am going to clean up the whole frame and prime it, then shoot some satin black on it.

Last edited by PlumCrazy; 07-30-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #15
RDR

Vehicle Year: 1988/2002
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Driftin around Texas
RDR is on a distinguished road

whats ur amp pushin?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:44 PM   #16
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

1100 watt RMS, I have it turned down a little so I don't blow my subs. I have two 10" Slim Class Memphis subs in a sealed box. I have a lot more amp than I need, but it is the perfect size and I got a hell of a deal on it.

-plumcrazy
Old 08-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #17
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

The spring swap is done. cleaned all the rust and crap off the frame and sprayed it down with penetrol to seal it and fight rust, I am going to prime it and then paint it satin black so it will be pretty and easy clean.

I am in the process of making my exteneded radius arm brackets. I am going to intergrate the tranny crossmember into the brackets so it will be super solid. I will get some pics up soon. I also had my dad get some strips of stainless steel to make some rust proof gas tank straps. (I have put spring hangers and gas tank straps on 5 different Rangers so I kind of have this whole underbody rust thing down to a science.)lol

Last edited by PlumCrazy; 08-02-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #18
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

Still no pics, but I did make some progress today. I got about 90% of the exhuast parts I need to run 2.5" from the the cat through a Thrush welded muffler and out in front of the rear wheel. I am going to use all mandrel bend tubing and I redid the flange on the cat so it doesn't reduce down to to 2.25" or 2 or what ever it used to be. I also managed to the cat/y pipe flange apart and cleaned up as well.

I also finished up my tranny cross member/ radius arm mounts. I am still on a hunt for a one peice drive shaft and disc braked 31 spline rear. I need to finish up my exhuast so I can figure out how I need to make my cross member to replace where the carrier bearing cross member was.

I also managed to prime and paint the the frame and make my new stainless tanks straps. I also redid my intake so it will take a 3.5" K&N cone filter. I will snap some pics of it tomorrow, my dad works for a company that makes stainless restruant equipment so I sent my plans with him to work and his TIG welders made it happen. It turned out really nice for having 0$ invested.

-plumcrazy
Old 08-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #19
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

I guess I did take a couple pics of the intake.

And no, I do not plan to gain any power from the intake or the new exhuast. I understand that intakes and exhuasts dont add 30 hp.lol I just wanted to use the K&N filter and precharger that I already had and I wanted a nice deep toned exhuast.

EDIT: As I posted this, the ad at the top of the screen was claiming that a K&N filter will ad 20 Hp to your BMW.lol

Last edited by PlumCrazy; 08-07-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #20
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

I finished welding up my exhuast, All it needs a coat of high heat paint to dress it up.

I went to the JY today and got my 31 spline Exploder rear with disc brakes. It came with almost new rotors and pads and recently replaced calipers and hoses. I cut the old spring perches off and made new ones out of 3/16 wall 2.5 x 2.5 box tubing. I welded the new perches on and set the pinion angle at 6.5 degrees.

I am waitng one my one peice shaft to come so I can figure out where my new crossmember needs to be.

It got dark before I got a chance to get a couple pics of the freshly painted frame.

All the junk that doesn't go back on.