Home Ford Ranger Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum  

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > 1983-2011 Off-Road & 4x4 Ford Ranger's

1983-2011 Off-Road & 4x4 Ford Ranger's Show of your trucks, or post your build threads. This is NOT a help forum. Post your questions in the Help Forums further down

Old 11-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #101
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

Vehicle Year: 1995 1986
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger Super Cab XLT F-150 XL
PlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to all

I picked up my 1354 manual t case, but I still need linkage. It will be interesting trying to figure out how I am going bring the shifter through the center console.

I pulled the 2.5 M50D apart and swapped the gears and syncros onto the 4x4 output shaft. But I wont be able to put the trans together until my new bearing comes in. (next weekend)

Here are some side by side shots of the two cases

I snapped some pics of the shift forks that I pulled out of the 4.0 trans. They have about an 1/8 inch ground out of them.

==>F-OneFiddy Build Thread

Last edited by PlumCrazy; 11-07-2009 at 12:11 PM.
PlumCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

SPRING ONLINE MAGAZINE!

Check out the latest articles

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #102
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

PlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to all

I have no classes on Veteran's Day, so I came home to work on the truck. I picked up my new bearing for the tranny, but I got distracted and never got to putting it in.

I finished one of my RA brackets. I decided to remake them so the caster anlge would be a little better, and because I wanted to gusset the bottom anyway.

I had to cut a little off the RA busings so they would tighten up on on the 1/2 plate they are running through.

before

after

I also finished up painting my second emblem

I put on the first one I made

And the most important thing I have done to the truck yet...... I am expecting some big horsepower gains.lol

The decal curved a little on me as I put it on, but I will leave it for a while.lol

-plumcrazy
Old 11-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #103
crawlin91

Vehicle Year: 92
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: running stuff over
crawlin91 has much to be proud ofcrawlin91 has much to be proud ofcrawlin91 has much to be proud ofcrawlin91 has much to be proud ofcrawlin91 has much to be proud ofcrawlin91 has much to be proud ofcrawlin91 has much to be proud ofcrawlin91 has much to be proud ofcrawlin91 has much to be proud ofcrawlin91 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumCrazy View Post

plumcrazy
Well there is the million dollar photos right there, wish they were up a week or so ago. I like the new gussets.

[QUOTE=PlumCrazy;561067]
I had to cut a little off the RA busings so they would tighten up on on the 1/2 plate they are running through.

before

after

-
My original plan was to use two .25" plates for the thickness of the bushing but I knew it would never allow the nut to be tightened properly. How does it ride, flex etc. with the bushing cut up like that?
crawlin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #104
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlin91 View Post
My original plan was to use two .25" plates for the thickness of the bushing but I knew it would never allow the nut to be tightened properly. How does it ride, flex etc. with the bushing cut up like that?
It seems to flex just fine, the droop was limited before, because the nut and washer that hold the bushing together would hit the bottom of the frame. Thats part of the reason I remade the brackets to lower the hole that the arms go.

-plumcrazy

Last edited by PlumCrazy; 11-13-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #105
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

The 2.5/4.0 M50D is complete.

My tailgate made the perfect place to stand up the trans and bolt it down while I torqued the counter shaft and output shaft nuts.

I put it in the truck and took a test drive, it engages smoothly into all gears and is a lot quiter than my last tranny that had aluminum shavings for lubricant

The shifter from an older M50D and a newer on cant be interchanged. The base with the wedge bolt is clocked 90* and the newer shifter is about an inch further back. Which of course was enough to hit my center console when I shifted into 4th and reverse, so I made a temporary shifter to hold me over until I can get my Hurst in there.

The 1354 Manual also went in with the new trans, both got full synthetic merc. but I still dont have a tcase shifter

I put on my new redesigned RA mounts with gussets.

I tapped a hole in the shift plate and ran a breather hose to an old clutch master reservoir so the trans wont blow any seals when I get the Hurst in there. The hurst shifter doesnt allow the trans to breathe through the shifter like the stock on does.

I also added some "puddle" lights under the doors. I they come on with the aux. back up lights. I am also going to wire te relay into the door switch so they come on when the doors are opened.

I got a few poser pics in the back yard too.

-plumcrazy
Old 11-13-2009, 06:08 AM   #106
WNY964x4
ASE Master Certified

Vehicle Year: 72-03
Vehicle Make: Chevy,Ford,BMW
Vehicle Model: Lots
I use this vehicle for: Everything
WNY964x4 will become famous soon enough

the truck is coming along nicely man , it really looks good , keep up the good work

Non Ford:
1972 C-10 350 3-speed - Fun toy
1987 BMW 325I 2.5 5-speed - Fun and Economy
1971 BMW 2002 2.0 4-speed - long term restoration
WNY964x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #107
That Baker Guy

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Model: ranger xlt limited edition
I use this vehicle for: what ever comes up
That Baker Guy is on a distinguished road

thats one beast of a truck you got there :thumby:
Old 11-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #108
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93baker View Post
thats one beast of a truck you got there :thumby:
Thank You.

-plumcrazy
Old 11-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #109
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

I picked up some goodies today.

New air hose

And... A shifter for my manual case its from a B II with an auto and 1350 case, but it looks like it will work out fine.

I had to get creative to to get the handle apart.

I also snapped some night time pics

-plumcrazy
Old 11-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #110
Flash Gordan
Savior of the Universe!!!

Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: DD
Flash Gordan has a spectacular aura aboutFlash Gordan has a spectacular aura about

Think you got enough lights on that beast yet?
Project Exploding Ranger -Sold
The Horse with No Name -Sold
Flash Gordan is offline   Reply With Quote