• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rolled my truck

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so i put a new 4.0 in my 91 ranger 4x4 then a few frends and i took it out mudding had a good day, then to finish it off decided to take matson cut off, a windy gravel road, it started raining so i turned on the whipers and it got squirely around a corner with bald mud terrains and just as i was getting it under control the whipers smirred mud all over and i couldnt see so we hit the bank and went up a small hill came down and rolled it, my brush guard saved the front end for the most part, but i had the truck for about 480 miles and 2 weeks bfor i rolled it =\,

im only 16 ill be 17 in 1 month had no licence 2 frends in the back seat were drinking and not wearing seat belts, and i thaught they were

my girlfriend was sitting up front with me and we were both wearing seat belts, if we hadnt been im sure i woulda been crushed, as you can see her window broke out

after all of this i got cited for no licence, minor in possesion, minor in consumption and reckless driving, and i wasnt even drinking took a breathilizer and passed, told the cop i had a beer about 4 hours before i started driving and he said i was drunk bcuz i only weigh 130 lbs but i got a really fast metabolism so theres no way i was drunk, lawyer says im getting the mip and mic dropped...

and yes these were after i decided to tear into it cuz im tearing the motor out and puttin it in another ranger or explorer. you ask why did i take the fender off? my parents said we were just gonna drop another bed body and some more fenders on it, then right after that they decided it would be more painful for me to pull the motor...

they keep asking me if im going to roll another vehicle, i keep telling them well duh! im gonna do something else thats stupid and roll another its just common sense im young and can be stupid, they keep telling me that with that attitude its surely going to happen, like im purpously gonna do it, its not on my list of things i wanna do.

and what was it like kinda like a roller coaster, allls that i could think of in the 5 seconds it took to roll was oh sh!T this is gonna hurt, then is any one hurt, my friend caught air in the back seat got smacked with a wrench and pulled 4 of the 8 ligaments in his neck, my girlfriends other knee hurts now, before it was just her left now its her right to

i wasnt the one who took the pictures it was my mom i believe she was drunk when she took these bcuz she didnt get very good shots

hope you guys enjoy the roll over more then i did...

Attachments

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow, you had it coming. I think about aside from your seatbelts everything you could do wrong you pretty much did.

I think for possession they can get you if could reach a bottle/can/whatever while driving they got you.

Have fun getting insurance once you get your license (may not be at 17)

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the cop said i got possesion bcuz it was my truck and im responsible for all the containers and everything that happens inside the vehicle, which makes sence, which im not really worried about the mip and mic, theres only 3 more minor offenses i can get bfor i got em all. so its nothing new to me. and insurence i cant get my licence till im 18 and im sure ill get a ticket for no licence bfor then so itll be 21, then theyll just tell me i cant get it or something. yeah i know i had it coming atleast i got some sorta luck... the bad kind

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
wow swynx that really sucks man but i hope everything works out ok for ya

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You get no sympathies from me.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
You get no sympathies from me.
well he wasnt drinkin, and wouldnt you be pissed if you just dropped a 4.0 in your truck and rolled her

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well he wasnt drinkin, and wouldnt you be pissed if you just dropped a 4.0 in your truck and rolled her
No, he said he wasn't drunk. He did have a beer a while ago, and he's underage for that. Add that to not having a license, and you've got a lot of bad decisions.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't let him get it until he's 21. That's for a judge to decide though IIRC.

mentalbreakdown00

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yes, you are responsible for everything in that truck. Depending on your states laws the passengers could sue you if they got hurt, even if they weren't wearing belts.I hope this will be a hard lesson learned, I am however glad everyone is ok. Also I pray this will be the last of this kinda thing you have to go through cause you've learned a hard lesson.

kennykenny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
First off, I'm glad nobody was seriously injured. However, I hope you get all the charges/fines they can throw at you. That was dumb, you could have killed your friends and your girlfriend.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
No, he said he wasn't drunk. He did have a beer a while ago, and he's underage for that. Add that to not having a license, and you've got a lot of bad decisions.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't let him get it until he's 21. That's for a judge to decide though IIRC.

well if it wasnt a public road i say who cares if he didnt have a lisence, and a beer? come on man, didnt you have a few cold ones with some buddies when you were underage? i know driving shouldnt be done but most people, including myself, need atleast a six pack before you get a buzz on, depending on how much you drink. not to be an asshole with ya just tryin to point out that i would be pissed too if it were me just after doing all that workin on a truck, but if he was driving on a public road then bad decision buddy you should of known better

Mossy535

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
As I used to state during my first lecture to freshmen engineering students ...

Stupid can get you killed! :badidea:

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i see where ur all coming from, but in idaho in ur own living room if ur parents by the alcohol and give u the ok to drink it in ur own house its legal, but once u leave ur property ur open game, and it was a private road. and A beer come on it was a keystone light, thats like 3.5 percent alcohol and a 1/4 lbs cheeseburger with it, theres no way ne one could have been drunk, or even buzzed after that, and that beer took me almost an hour to drink. and not having a licence, ive been driving cars in the junk yard since i was 12, so dont tell me idk how to drive, everyone that has seen the marks on the road said if i coulda seen where i was going and had good tires i coulda pulled it off easily, ya i agree that it was stupid and i wont do 10 mph over the speed limit on a gravel road again but it happened. and the road is owned by my friend hence the name "matson" cutoff

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
oh and since i wasnt a licenced driver but the truck is insured, my girl friends insuarance nor mine will cover her $7,000 hospital bill for her head to toe exrays that her mom demanded, my mom handed me the bill so, happy now?

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
if you do that again.......atleast use a junker with old snow tires and make sure everyone has seatbelts..

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
i see where ur all coming from, but in idaho in ur own living room if ur parents by the alcohol and give u the ok to drink it in ur own house its legal, but once u leave ur property ur open game, and it was a private road. and A beer come on it was a keystone light, thats like 3.5 percent alcohol and a 1/4 lbs cheeseburger with it, theres no way ne one could have been drunk, or even buzzed after that, and that beer took me almost an hour to drink. and not having a licence, ive been driving cars in the junk yard since i was 12, so dont tell me idk how to drive, everyone that has seen the marks on the road said if i coulda seen where i was going and had good tires i coulda pulled it off easily, ya i agree that it was stupid and i wont do 10 mph over the speed limit on a gravel road again but it happened. and the road is owned by my friend hence the name "matson" cutoff
oh and since i wasnt a licenced driver but the truck is insured, my girl friends insuarance nor mine will cover her $7,000 hospital bill for her head to toe exrays that her mom demanded, my mom handed me the bill so, happy now?

hope ur not pointin that in my direction, im pickin up for ya

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals