• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2002 Ford Thunderbolt SLP (Level III)

Cyanyide

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I'm pretty fond of my little truck, it's a 2002 Ford Ranger Thunderbolt SLP.

It's got a 4.0L v6 SOHC, RWD with a 5-speed automatic transmission...

Since it's a supercab, it has 2 fold down seats in the back (which doesn't really allow for a full grown person to sit down) and a 6ft bed. Then I've got the hard tonneau cover with the hoop spoiler/wing on the back.

With a level 3 I also have the performance package which has a under-hood cold air box and a cat-back exhaust system with dual outlets. (sounds amazing by the way)

Then I have all the typical Thunderbolt extras, like the hood scoop (non-functional), the body kit and grill that matches the truck, those exterior badges that say "Thunderbolt" and confuse anyone who sees my truck... and my headrests say "Thunderbolt"... and my truck specifically has the carbon fiber looking dash (not sure if that's a level 3 thing or if it's just an extra).

It's actually really hard to find information on a Thunderbolt and since I'm the second owner, it's taken some time to even figure out half of what I know.

Taking everything into consideration... here's a few bragging rights for my truck

Horsepower: 222
Torque: 238 lb feet
0-60 mph: 6.5 seconds
1/4 mile: 14.9 @ 95 mph

Now, if you still don't have any idea what I'm talking about... a picture's worth a thousand words.

Hmm... didn't have any pictures of the interior... I'll have to take some tomorrow and post them on here =)

Cyanyide

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Oh yeah, the lightning bolt... that's a badass truck lol I've never seen one in person and I wasn't even sure if ford ever officially made them... I knew it was a concept they were working on...

I think mainly what ford did was just experiment with a bunch of trucks after the Lightning came out, I mean seriously they should have tried to just put all their effort and time into ONE amazing truck instead of a bunch of pretty cool ones. *shrug* I like having something that not a lot of people have though.

joeslow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L
Transmission
Manual
Looks nice. I can't stop subtracting the spoiler and adding boost.

:icon_welder:

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
i want one , and i do not know why , i am a 4x4 kind of guy , but for some reason this one just seems awesome

edgeaholic (tm)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0 S O H C
Transmission
Automatic
lose the wing and the mirrors need to be color matched to the truck

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
yea , i didnt notice the mirrors , but the wing does need to go

np24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
you should be able to get a supercharger kit that will bolt right on. then it'll really be a baby lightning.

Cyanyide

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
i want one , and i do not know why , i am a 4x4 kind of guy , but for some reason this one just seems awesome
thank you ^.^

I was the same way, I used to think a truck wasn't a truck without 4wheel drive but then I saw this one =)

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Looks good! I've never seen one even close to looking like that!
For some reason the front end really reminds me of kind of a cross between an early 90's, and late 90's F-150.

I think it would benefit GREATLY from some aftermarket wheels!! Like 16's, or 17's. Personally, I don't care for huge wheels, but 16's/17's are a good size, I think..

Last edited:

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
I love it the way it is. Mirrors, and well, the spoiler is OKAY. But, If it were mine I would probably throw on some fatty rear tires. Lol, kinda like my ranger, 245/60R15 up front, and 295/50R15 out back. People ride up behind you and see that and drop the jaw, even though the truth is, my truck has a 4 banger and hardly ever tests that traction.

cuztumfx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi all
I am new hear but was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can get a new hood with scoop and the plastic bumper for my 2002 ford ranger thunderbolt. I need to replace the hood etc... due to damage

any help is greatly appreciated
cuztumfx@yahoo.com
Cuz

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals