• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Donor Vehicle for duraspark swap

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have an '84 ranger with the 2.8 and I need to do a durasprark swap on it, what vehicles cam with the duraspark II equipped 2.8 that could be used as a donor car? thanks

Jorley

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 duraspark
Transmission
Manual
I bought all my Duraspark parts new. I used the 78 mustang ll to order them. so I know it came with the 2.8. I think the Capri and pinto also came with one. All new parts cost me around $130, if I remember right.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I bought all my Duraspark parts new. I used the 78 mustang ll to order them. so I know it came with the 2.8. I think the Capri and pinto also came with one. All new parts cost me around $130, if I remember right.
That is the route I went, the vehicles that the setup came in originally didn't age well... think late 80's Mustang II's and Pinto's.

I did get the harness that goes between the distributer and the Duraspark box, and the duraspark box itself used. As long as the box has the blue grommet it will work, any pigtail for a Duraspark setup will work. Mine was off of a '80 400 V-8.

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 2001, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The factory style parts are easiest, but I've spliced in waterproof trailer type connectors on some conversions. The main reason I did this was that I needed longer wires and didn't have stock type connectors on hand. In other words, it wasn't really an improvement, but it got the system working with less effort.

wisconsinjimmy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I paid $177. at NAPA for the dist-cap-ext-rotor and box and I also found out that the dist did not just drop in I had to use a rough buff pad to clean up the base of the dist also the teeth are diff between the fact and DSII but it is OK have mine running sweet.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals