• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 ranger powerstroke swap

AJ2012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
i was thinking about putting a 6.0 powerstroke in my ranger with twin turbos;any tips on how?

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I think it would be one badass set up. I would stay away from heavy pulling. I had a friend that did that setup. It lasted about a week before he ripped the frame in half at the Truck Pulls. Too much torque with not enough frame support.

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
err thats a lot of weight up front

AJ2012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
i was planning on putting big braces on the frame with large sub frame connectors for drag racing;i also thought about a 427 stroker off a 351 windsor,my dad has a 66 mustang with one and it runs an 8 second in the quarter

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i was planning on putting big braces on the frame with large sub frame connectors for drag racing;i also thought about a 427 stroker off a 351 windsor,my dad has a 66 mustang with one and it runs an 8 second in the quarter

If ya can manage the weight and and frame work the only other problem u might run into would be room esp if u want a twin turbo setup. I'm not a ford mechanic but I heard the turbo for the 6.0's are under the cab, Im not sure though. If you can figure all that out you will have one badass truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals