Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'MastuhWaffles'
November 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'ATX'
November 2014 MTOTM

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Events - Recreation - Survival > Hunting, Fishing, Weapons & Survival

Notices

Hunting, Fishing, Weapons & Survival Discussing everything from equipment to what you caught.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
Jim Oaks
Building another truck

Vehicle Year: 1983 & 1996
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Dedicated trail rig!
My credo: Happy wife, happy life.
Jim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond repute

Vote For TRS In Top 4x4 Sites
Jim Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 11-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
4.0B2
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Model: Bronco II
I use this vehicle for: Taking my Money
4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute

Main thing we focus on is food and ammo. Lots and lots of both. We need to restock our foodsupply tho. Ever few years we donate the can food to Southaven Samaritans. And restock our supply.

Next is an AR15 and about 10,000 rounds.
4.0B2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #13
RustedRanger

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Everyday driver
RustedRanger will become famous soon enough

I don't think most of us here would consider stocking up on ammo with the thought to steal what we need but for self defense and hunting. An EMP fries everything with a chip that's not shielded. What I read said that a single nuke set off over the east coast at 250 miles high would fry our power grid and all unshielded electronics almost to California.
RustedRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #14
heptofite

Vehicle Year: 1986
Vehicle Model: Bronco II XLT
I use this vehicle for: Being Totally Awesome
heptofite is a splendid one to beholdheptofite is a splendid one to beholdheptofite is a splendid one to beholdheptofite is a splendid one to beholdheptofite is a splendid one to beholdheptofite is a splendid one to beholdheptofite is a splendid one to behold

My survival plans involve a bronco 2 and a shitload of ammo.

my survival plans don't involve hunkering down, they involve drifting, which may work better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
I think Rangers are pussy trucks. Mine has gotten me so much pussy, if I have to fix it every day for the rest of my life, it has still earned it's keep.
heptofite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #15
4.0B2
Premium Member

4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not gonna say I wouldn't steal if it was life or death for my family.. Bc things in that kind of situation would get weird and weird outcomes will happen. As long as I could rely on hunting to feed my family then I'd go that route.

But yes the main point would be self defense and hunting.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #16
cody93

Vehicle Year: 1987,1987
Vehicle Make: FORD, duh
Vehicle Model: rANGER x2
I use this vehicle for: scaring yuppies on the interstate
cody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud of

if everone is hunting at once, with a large population, game will get thin.. best plan is to get land and grow your own food, get your friends and family together to defend it and offer to trade with people if they dont try to shoot you, if they do, then turn em into manure... reminds me of the acient "ant and the grasshoper" story..
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanD View Post
Once upon a time it was financially practical to ship dirty laundry to China to have it washed rather than wash it in San Francisco.
cody93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #17
jakubek1993

Vehicle Year: 1987
I use this vehicle for: off-road, daily driver
jakubek1993 is on a distinguished road

To have any chances of survival you will have to get as far away from big population places, when ppl get cold and houngry they will put their hands on your stuff without thinking about it, and if they can, they will kill you to get what they want.
jakubek1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #18
wahlstrom1
J-man HD Mech

wahlstrom1 is a jewel in the roughwahlstrom1 is a jewel in the roughwahlstrom1 is a jewel in the roughwahlstrom1 is a jewel in the rough

1) Home preparedness (food, water, heat, electric)

-Wood burning furnace (ducted through out the house)
-Cistern setup is what our house has, can haul your own water in and store/pump it.
-Run a diesel generator on bio-fuel

2) Vehicle preparedness (equipment, setup, supplies)
3) The perfect survival/bug-out vehicle (mini, fullsize, pickup, suv, other)

-A 4wd version of my 95' dodge diesel with a 'work' style canopy. Enough 4wd ability for most area's and enough storage for gear/parts and mileage to keep you sustained for long periods of time, I can pull over 600miles/1000km to a tank and it'll run on biodiesel as well.

Like this but older with the 12V, and the compartment doors where the windows are....

wahlstrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #19
4.0B2
Premium Member

What if on this big chuck of land you trap and breed hogs? Lol I realize you'd have to feed them but they'll feel you.

Or cattle.. Eats grass.. Gives you beef. Just have to keep others from killing or stealing them
Old 11-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #20
cody93

Vehicle Year: 1987,1987
Vehicle Make: FORD, duh
Vehicle Model: rANGER x2
I use this vehicle for: scaring yuppies on the interstate
cody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud ofcody93 has much to be proud of

thats called farming lol, instead of cyotes, its raiders
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanD View Post
Once upon a time it was financially practical to ship dirty laundry to China to have it washed rather than wash it in San Francisco.
cody93 is offline   Reply With Quote