Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'Rowdy Fitzgerald'
August 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'Flit-e' Dave'
August 2014 MTOTM

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions > General Discussions

General Discussions This forum is for general discussions. Place posts that don't fit in any other forums here.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Lucas357

Vehicle Year: 1993, 2000
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: HUnting, Fishing, and wheelin'
Lucas357 is on a distinguished road
Default Replace 7' with 6' box

Hey guys, I have a 93 regular cab 7' box and was wondering if I could put a 6' box on it and a 1 foot toolbox between it and the cab. Any help would be greatly apreciated! Thanks in advanced.
Lucas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 09-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
CHKNFKR
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 1993
I use this vehicle for: Spending my hard earned cash
CHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant future

If you do it i call dibs on the longbed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel3507 View Post
This pick up makes my pecker perk up
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaii View Post
all my layout,bend allowances,and cuts are figured out using a neural cognitive software system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by super91(2.3) View Post
I can see myself goin to the gas station now and buying under a dollars worth of diesel and just dispensing it right onto my body...
CHKNFKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
nine-teen91stxranger

Vehicle Year: 1991, 1977
Vehicle Make: Ford, Ford
Vehicle Model: STX ranger, f250 Custom
I use this vehicle for: everything it shouldnt do. sitting and looking pretty
nine-teen91stxranger is a splendid one to beholdnine-teen91stxranger is a splendid one to beholdnine-teen91stxranger is a splendid one to beholdnine-teen91stxranger is a splendid one to beholdnine-teen91stxranger is a splendid one to beholdnine-teen91stxranger is a splendid one to behold

do you wanna pick it up? haha look where hes at.
91' STX extended cab 4x4, 4.0, 5spd, 135k+ miles, 2 Pheonix Gold Elite 12d, Pheonix Gold Ti 2500.1, custom tuned dual ported box, 31 spline exploder rear disk swap, kenwood kdc-x995 h/u, LED dome+ dash lights, 31x10.50x15 (no lift)
nine-teen91stxranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
CHKNFKR
Premium Member

CHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant future

I'm always up for a road trip, but that is a long way to go for a truckbed. I'll just git the local yards when i'm ready for one.

Quote:
Quote:
all my layout,bend allowances,and cuts are figured out using a neural cognitive software system.
Quote:
I can see myself goin to the gas station now and buying under a dollars worth of diesel and just dispensing it right onto my body...
Old 09-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
racsan

Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger s/c
I use this vehicle for: gitten' it done!
racsan has a spectacular aura aboutracsan has a spectacular aura aboutracsan has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to racsan Send a message via AIM to racsan Send a message via Yahoo to racsan

that would be one hellava shipping charge! ive always wanted to get a longbed frame/box and chop off my shortbed frame/box, then weld the longbed frame to my supercab chassis, then id have something ford never factory-built, a longbed supercab ranger! ive heard its been done before. never seen any photos of one though.
racsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
snoranger
Premium Member

Tetris Champion

Vehicle Year: 94,94,95,01
Vehicle Make: All 10 are Ford
Vehicle Model: Ex, Cobra, Ex, Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Going places.
snoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond repute

Even though the bed is 12" longer, the wheel base is only 6" longer.
If you swapped a short bed on you would have 6" between the cab and bed, and 6" of frame sticking out the back, not 12" between the cab and bed.

The number of people who confuse "to" and "too" is just two damn high.
snoranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
Sunk
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 1999
I use this vehicle for: Titties n beer
Sunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by racsan View Post
that would be one hellava shipping charge! ive always wanted to get a longbed frame/box and chop off my shortbed frame/box, then weld the longbed frame to my supercab chassis, then id have something ford never factory-built, a longbed supercab ranger! ive heard its been done before. never seen any photos of one though.
This is easy on 98+ trucks as there is a joint at the front leaf hangers. Just grind off the rivets and swap the rear frame sections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.C. Fields View Post
Once, during prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
Sunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #8
Lucas357

Vehicle Year: 1993, 2000
I use this vehicle for: HUnting, Fishing, and wheelin'
Lucas357 is on a distinguished road

Alright thanks guys, CHKNFKR- You dont want my old box shes pretty ripe and a few bumps and bruises. Reason for wanting to do it is I cant find a decent 7' box anywhere round here for a decent price.
Lucas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
CHKNFKR
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas357 View Post
Alright thanks guys, CHKNFKR- You dont want my old box shes pretty ripe and a few bumps and bruises. Reason for wanting to do it is I cant find a decent 7' box anywhere round here for a decent price.
Grab a 6 footer, cut the fender out of the middle and go mad scientist on it to get the whole foot gap up front. Then drop your toolbox in and call it a day.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
Insanejughead
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: '94, '86
Vehicle Model: Ranger, Thunderbird
I use this vehicle for: Enlightenment of the soul.
Insanejughead is a name known to allInsanejughead is a name known to allInsanejughead is a name known to allInsanejughead is a name known to allInsanejughead is a name known to allInsanejughead is a name known to all

Damn, too bad I can't teleport stuff yet. There are half a dozen decent 7' beds here at my local yard...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasfinc View Post
Go [prove me wrong] and I will eat my shoe, film it, and put it on youtube.
Insanejughead is offline   Reply With Quote