• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bought my first Ranger today!

EMTMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello everyone,

First I would like to say this is the best place for information on Rangers I have ever seen.
I just bought a 2002 Ranger Edge, 3.0, 5-Speed, w/ 120k miles. (Black)

I've only driven it a little today but already love it!

Tomorrow I plan on doing an oil change, filter change, air filter, ill check the plugs and wires and add air to the tires. Also I'll look into changing out the fuel filter and the battery(the guy before had amps and subs in it and micky-moused the cable to a battery that's too big for the tray and isnt even bolted down)

I have always been a Ford guy this is just my first newer Ford. I currently own a '64 Falcon Futura and have owned 65, 66, and 68 Mustangs.
Once again thanks for all the great info you have on this site. I'll be up all night combing through it all and posting. =)

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ohh another emtSomething joined recently got me confused. Glad to have ya load some pics to photobucket and show us your truck!!!

EMTMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Lol, ya ill prob do that tomorrow after I give it a good bath. It has some minor rear, drivers side bumper damage(looks like low speeds into a small pole lol) that I'm planning on having fixed but I feel like the rest of it is pretty clean.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ohh it's low to ground? My bumper is slightly lower on one side lol. I need stupid poser pics but my trucks ugly haha.

EMTMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ya its a little lower on that side. The bumper was slightly pushed into the quarter panel of the truck and the bumper itself it a little dented. It looks like it was used mostly as a work truck because the tail gate has some dents/scratches in the back as well. I'm going to a couple junk yards tomorrow to look for some rangers. Also I was thinking of just removing the tail gate all together and getting one of the nets. It will save weight and supposed have better gas mileage lol.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome to the forums, looking forward to the pics. Do you Have any plans for you truck or is it just going to be a daily driver?

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
ya its a little lower on that side. The bumper was slightly pushed into the quarter panel of the truck and the bumper itself it a little dented. It looks like it was used mostly as a work truck because the tail gate has some dents/scratches in the back as well. I'm going to a couple junk yards tomorrow to look for some rangers. Also I was thinking of just removing the tail gate all together and getting one of the nets. It will save weight and supposed have better gas mileage lol.
Actually it's been proven that you get better mileage with the tailgate up. I might be able to help ya out with junk yard where ya from?

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Alright another Edge owner. :yahoo: Check out my Edge, the link is in my sig.

Welcome to our little slice of Ranger heaven on the internet. It is my home away from home.

EMTMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I think i remember that tailgate episode of mythbusters lol. I'm from so-cal, orange county/long beach area to be more specific. I will try to get some pics up asap. btw my car is black. I was going to hit a couple junkyards today but ran out of time.

Rogue_Wulff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I thought I was the only person who lives in the State of Confusion.......

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals