• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heater Valve Vacuum line?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I haven't touched mine for quite a while and don't really remember what they even look like so I couldn't have caught any mistakes. I do remember that they were attached to that black vacuum ball though...and you should be able to cut and connect them as needed if you have the right connectors...only do that if absolutely necessary and everything has a good tight fit.

One of the problems with messing with that vacuum line (or any for that matter) is that the vacuum is created by the engine and if a line has even a hairline crack or opening it can give you erotic, er, erratic idle and other problems that you really don't need.

I removed the connector behind the dash panel once to have a look and didn't put it back on properly...when I started the engine up a while later there was a miss and stutter in the engine that wasn't there before...fortunately I didn't leave this too long before starting because it would have taken me hours to backtrack to the vacuum lines...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Heres a pic of the vacuum hoses; note there are 2 of them in A/C installed trucks. Non A/C trucks the grey hose is missing, because there is no heater valve in no a/c trucks.

That is why I had to change the whole vacuum hose assembly, in order to have the grey tube which feeds the heater valve.

Here are the pics:

1- Vacuum hoses assy; the grey tube feeds the heater valve, while the black one feeds the vacuum reservoir tank. The grey one is missing in non a/c trucks. The black one is present in all trucks.

2- This is the white vacuum plug; disconnect it from the INSIDE of the cab, on the passenger side footwell (above the fuel kill switch).

To remove the complete vacuum hoses assy, disconnect the white plug shown above from the inside of the truck and pull them.

Question; shall I put the how-to guide here in this forum aswell?
I would just submit it for the mods to look at and if needed, put a link to it in any answers as required...

You seem pretty computer savy so I won't explain how to put links in posts...lol

Keto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
DISCONECT THE WHITE PLUG AND PULL THEM THREW THE INSIDE OF THE CAB, NOT THE ENGINE BAY!!!

My bad man... i took everything from the truck when I did this :icon_thumby:

Haha, no worries! Thanks Fernandes, MUCH appreciated. You saved me some exploratory work, lol. That pic of the assembly is gold, now I can see what I'm dealing with.

Thanks again!

mfernandes

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You´re welcome dude... this is the great things of forums!!!!

Keto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Just an update. I was able to pull that grommet out no problem.

Fortunately Autozone carries rubber vacuum couplers, and the same size vacuum line that Ford uses for this, so I was able to make a quick and easy repair :)

For reference if anyone needs to fix theirs in the future...

Attachments

mfernandes

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Great, that should work, no trouble!!!

Test it before you throw it in the truck, remember a vacuum leak may cary headaches!!!

Great fix

Keto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Great, that should work, no trouble!!!

Test it before you throw it in the truck, remember a vacuum leak may cary headaches!!!

Great fix
Heh, thanks.

Theyre no problem at all. The fittings are very, very tight. I use a little Permatex silicon to help the lines slide into the couplers (only slightly easier). But once the Permatex dries, the fitting and seal are totally static :) No leaks guaranteed.

mfernandes

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Pals, a couple of users contacted me by PM about the a/c installation tutorial.
How can I submit for posting the how-to here on TRS?

mfernandes

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Great Mark, thanks a lot!!!

mfernandes

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well I uploaded the how-to. If any admin want to put it in the Tech Articles, feel free to do so!

Im sure it will be helpfull for someone arround here

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
That's great! I will have a look at it later and see if I can flag it for you...and thanks...I will probably never use it since...well global warming not withstanding and all that...I rarely ever used mine when it was factory...but there may be a chance I might want to some day...

I just recently upgraded my 88 heater box to the 96 style...which reminds me...I was going to do a writeup about that some day...lol

EDIT: Couldn't find it in the Submit info for Tech Articles...where did you submit this to?

Last edited:

mfernandes

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Damn, Im an idiot!!!:

"Styleing & Electrical" > "Heating & Air Conditioning", right above this thread.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
LOL...that's ok...I saw that one but thought it was your original link...now I remember that you linked from another site...

No problem...I forgot what I was doing at the time anyway so thanks for reminding me...:)

EDIT: OK...found the article...just need to add the heading with the disclaimer...I'd offer to do it for you and post it in the Submit info thread but then I'd get all the credit...haha...which I probably need right about now...:icon_rofl:

Last edited:

mfernandes

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok, ok, so I found the "Submit Info For Technical Articles" section.

So shall I create a new thread in there, add my information, disclaimer, etc (followinf the template) and thats all?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals