• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993 Yamaha Timberwolf

Ranger4x4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
God is great, beer is good, and rangers are awesome!
I have a 93 timberwolf 2wd. I was riding in a field at top speed and I slammed into a ditch on accident, the rear bottomed out and made a horrible grinding noise and I lost all power to the wheels. I turned it off and looked at the differential first because it has always been messed up. This is what I seen.

The bottom two bolts are gone, and I could see something broke in the Crack. I towed it to my shop to see if I could just bolt it back up but I didn't have any that would fit and I was sure the differential was done for. So I started taking it apart.

It's a mess. I wanted to take the whole rear end off in case it was the u joints. I took the differential off and two pieces of metal fell out. I have no idea what it is, I'm no expert on atvs. What is this?

It connects the drive shaft to the differential, that I know. The drive shafts outward side teeth are grinded down a little so I'm probably gonna get one of those too. Here is the drive shaft.

Here is what the broken piece looks like when held together.

The differential is fine, spins freely, but when I looked at the axle closer I noticed this on the bottom where the arm connects the axle to the atv.

I don't even know if this thing is worth saving. The engine is fine. The brakes don't work. It's just worn out. I want to fix it because it runs fine. All I need to know is what that ring thingy that cracked in two is called so I can get one. Tia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7 using Crapatalk

Hagan

08/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks like a coupler to connect the 2 together.

You nwed to look at a parts fiche for your ATV

Ranger4x4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
God is great, beer is good, and rangers are awesome!
Awesome, thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7 using Crapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals