• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

radio bezel question

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
so I have these small round rocker switches, they go in a 3/4" hole for easy fitment. I have a bunch of these and I want to install some switches for reverse led fog lights, bed lights, possible truck tool box lights, green led's under the dash, and possible secondary front fog lights. I know it sounds like a lot of goofy stuff but these are things I want. I especially want the reverse fog lights and the bed lights and the front fog lights. my truck currently has a switch for fog lights but no fog lights installed. I am assuming I could wire my front fog lights to that switch like normal. I see wires hanging by the fog light holes in the bumper. that should be easy. so my issue is I have to remove the radio bezel and cut out the plastic that is in the way of the other switches I want to install. I also have 2 12v outlets on this bezel. so space is limited. I was wondering if anyone has added switches to this bezel and how many switches and how it looks. I don't want to just put a switch where ever there is space. I want it to look some what organized. any thoughts or if you could show me pictures of you switches you added in your trucks that would be helpful.

Last edited:

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I forgot, these are not my images. I just found them on google so you knew what I had. I am attaching another picture that is showing my possible locations for these switches.

Last edited:

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Here is a thread on another forum where members posted photos of their bezels. This should give you some ideas.

You might even find a different bezel at the junk yard that has more openings and other switches that you could re-purpose and make it look OEM. For example, you could get a bezel that has a Rear defroster switch opening, but put an extra OEM style fog light switch in that position so you have 2 "light" switches that look original.

There is also a picture where someone installed switches that look exactly like what you want to install. Another one shows some rectangular rocker switches in between the heat/AC controls opening and radio opening of the bezel.

One of those 4X4 selector knob switches could probably be used very nicely for "cargo light / rear backup light / both".

Skirbykat

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
If it were me, I'd switch to a single din head unit and utilize the gained real estate for a switch panel in one neat row. Just my 2 cents. I also like re using stock locations, there's just not enough for your wish list.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I could care less if it looked factory or not. I have a dremel that I was gonna use to cut out the excess plastic behind the bezel so I could mount switches in those locations. I am for sure putting in rear fog lights and front fog lights. So at the moment I am only installing 1 extra switch since I have the factory fog light switch already. however if I am drilling holes in this then I am going to have the switches installed ready to be wired so it is one less step for the future plans. right now I have all my switches, led's and eagle eye led's I plan on using so I pretty much just need to get the switches installed so I can finish the lights. rear fog lights are a must because I cant see shit until I hit the brakes to get extra light when backing up at night. I normally have the door open and my head stuck out looking behind me lol.

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
so here is the finished product. I got 4 additional switches installed. only had to dremel out a square piece on the back left side of the bezel. centered the switches and started drilling. Turned out really good actually. so now I can start adding my lights.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals