• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Getting 10 pounds in a 5 pound sack...

CallMeChris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Long story short, I have some brand new audio stuff that was bought for a project and never used...so I've decided to upgrade my sons stock radio in his 03 Ranger Edge regular cab. I'm hoping y'all can help lead me in the right direction. I have a Sundown SA-8, 4 Infinity Primus 6.75's, and a pioneer GM-D9605 amp to push it all with. I'm shopping around for a head unit, and I have a Clarion EQS755 equalizer that can be installed if needed.

Biggest problem I'm having is I can't find a premade box that will both fit behind the seat AND work with this sub. It's a great sub, I really want to get it squeezed back there if possible. I built a few boxes in my younger years but never had a problem with space and volume was just a suggestion to me. I want this one right. Is there a design calculator or can anyone here help me get the pattern and dimensions right?

Next up, is it going to be harder than it's worth to get the 6.75 Infinitys mounted in the stock locations? I know everything is possible with enough time and money but I don't want this looking redneck...I'd like to keep them hidden behind the panels.

Lastly, been a long while since I've shopped head units. Any suggestions? Trying to decide if we want to go single or double din and if we do double I might go ahead and step up to a nav unit...that's a big if though.

Thanks in advance for the help, I'm gonna go back to searching the forum now.

CallMeChris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Found a box from supercrewsounds that is close to working and they are willing to customize it to make it perfect. Waiting to get a price to see if it's worth trying to build a custom one or not...

Can't believe I'm not getting at least some suggestions for good head units from y'all. Lol

07nhbpsi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok, Alpine..... there u go:icon_rofl: no but seriously I only use Alpine nowadays....... I've had a few kenwood and a pioneer all turned out to be garbage..... didn't seem to matter how much $$$$$$$$ I spent on them either........ barely got a year on them...:icon_confused: Had my Alpine for a few years now, paid around $160 for it and works great!!!!! Wish I would've spent the extra for blue tooth though:bawling:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals