• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2001 Front End Swap Onto A 1996. Whos Done It?

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys...I rather impulsively bought a 2001 Ranger and I want to transfer the front end onto my 1996. I am assuming I have to swap the fenders, hood, grill, headlights, bumper, etc. I am really quite a newb and I just know I have the right parts to do it but I am unsure of the process. I am assuming it is not as simple as unbolt and bolt onto my 96...
Do I have to swap core supports? From what I read I think I do...
Second Question...what is a core support? Haha

Just wondering if anyone out there who has done it can share knowledge that will make it more easy for me to pull this off. I know I have everything I need as I have an entire truck to get parts off of...not just a random collection of parts.

Here is pics of said 2001 Ranger:

And of said 96

I think after it is painted correct it will look much better!
P.S. Ill keep the bumper black, I think it looks better that way
P.P.S. This will most likely happen in summer I just want to get a bunch of knowledge before I jump into this blind.

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I don't think many have done it on here. If any any at all.

I think at minimum you're looking at doing what you've listed, if not inner fenders and/or radiator support as well.

Only thing I'd suggest is to park em side by side and compare, or even just start tearing them down and do it.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Dude, if THAT is the 01 you bought I would scrap that older one of yours and drive the new one. I would rather have the 01 any time.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Ooops, sorry. I meant the blue one 96 is the one that I would keep. I thought you meant the black one was the older one until I went back to ogle the blue one again. I do like the blue one!!!!!! Much better!!!!! Roll bar is sharp!!!!

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys for the help! And yes straycat. Haha...The blue one is the keeper...the black one is that parts truck. I think the 2001 front end looks way sharper. Paint the hood and fenders blue, keep the grill black but paint the edge parts blue...black headlights. Black front bumper...sexy! It looks like it shouldn't be toooooo hard. Famous last words

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals