• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

whos raced ricers with there ranger an won?

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Yo, Bro!! You talking about the mass flow sensor? I had to go through three custom made ones before I found one that would let me rev the motor at top speed so it would not plane out on me. I had two sets of headers made with two sets of custom exhaust for two types or course racing...short course and the open course. You have an 89 GT? The 87 Stangs came out with that racer boy image and the car scene changed forever once again in America.
Yeah, the mass air flow sensor. Did you have to wait til 88/89 to do it, or were you able to get one in 86? I imagine it was hard owning an 86 right at first because the lack of parts. And yeah, I own an 89 GT now. I've also owned an 85 GT, and my 86 GT. And I agree, the fox body (86 and up) Stangs really changed the car scene in America. I once heard a guy say "everyone has at least one story about a Mustang". In case you haven't seen them - - - -

Here's my 86 GT:

And my 89 GT:

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
i thought 4eyed mustangs ended in 84?
Nope, 86 was the last year of the 4 eyed foxes.

EDIT: I didn't see this......sorry!! You can give me one of these purplehaze :buttkick:

79-86 were the years of the four eyed mustang, and 87-93 was the new style headlights on the foxes and also last year of them before new sn95 bodys

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yo, Bro!! You talking about the mass flow sensor? I had to go through three custom made ones before I found one that would let me rev the motor at top speed so it would not plane out on me. I had two sets of headers made with two sets of custom exhaust for two types or course racing...short course and the open course. You have an 89 GT? The 87 Stangs came out with that racer boy image and the car scene changed forever once again in America.

I am such a motor head with cars and bikes. Here are a few photos of my garage at our first house. My two brother-in-laws drooling over my vintage iron in the garage. I still have three vintage racers left out of 18. My best buddy is getting them he says..he has dibs on them...lol

I'll say it. Bikes are where it's at. Cages are for pussies. lol

2004 Bandit. NOW 1277cc, Yosh cams and FULL exhaust. RS-38 flatside carbs. High comp port polished and matched. 168hp to the wheel.

6jeff6

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
To each their own.

If a nice variaty of capable cars show up, drag racing can be very entertaining... same goes for anything.

I can't see where watching cars zig-zag around at fairly low speeds would be a barrel of fun either, I could see where it would be fun to be in the car though.
I guess it maybe fun to watch if someone rolls it???:dunno:

Just funnin it's all in what you like.:beer:

Jeff

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, the mass air flow sensor. Did you have to wait til 88/89 to do it, or were you able to get one in 86? I imagine it was hard owning an 86 right at first because the lack of parts. And yeah, I own an 89 GT now. I've also owned an 85 GT, and my 86 GT. And I agree, the fox body (86 and up) Stangs really changed the car scene in America. I once heard a guy say "everyone has at least one story about a Mustang". In case you haven't seen them - - - -

Here's my 86 GT:

And my 89 GT:

Yea...the cars of the 80's!!! Much easier to work on and they were a fist full of gut wrenching raw power!! I love them! The 89 looks really clean, Bro!!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Originally Posted by shane96ranger
Yeah, the mass air flow sensor. Did you have to wait til 88/89 to do it, or were you able to get one in 86? I imagine it was hard owning an 86 right at first because the lack of parts. And yeah, I own an 89 GT now. I've also owned an 85 GT, and my 86 GT. And I agree, the fox body (86 and up) Stangs really changed the car scene in America. I once heard a guy say "everyone has at least one story about a Mustang".

I had it set up by mid '87. I bought my 86 brand new in Dec 86. The sensors were custom made by a place in California...Monterey area where I used to live..near my stomping grounds of Laguna Seca..'Where Legends are made and Were Legends pass away'.

Hmmmmmm, just one story...I think not!!!! My friends can tell some wild stories about my Mustangs and other cars and bikes!!!! lol

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I guess it maybe fun to watch if someone rolls it???:dunno:
I don't really like watching somebody that actually owns the car wrecking. Nascar, as long as nobody gets seriously hurt... crash away.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I had it set up by mid '87. I bought my 86 brand new in Dec 86. The sensors were custom made by a place in California...Monterey area where I used to live..near my stomping grounds of Laguna Seca..'Where Legends are made and Were Legends pass away'.

Hmmmmmm, just one story...I think not!!!! My friends can tell some wild stories about my Mustangs and other cars and bikes!!!! lol
Cool, I was wondering if mass air was something Ford adapted from the aftermarket. The speed density cars seemed a tad quicker from the factory, but didn't like cam, head, and intake changes much. Mine has never hiccuped at all with any of the changes I've done. And yeah, I've owned at least one Mustang since April of 1994. So I have a plethora of Mustang stories. Most of them involve my 89, which I have owned it since January of 1995.

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
168hp to the wheel.
Holy fawk! lol Ive never driven a bike, but i can imagine that... Lol puts out more hp then my truck...:S

What if you crashed? Lol

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
And very nice '89 stang. Maybe someday...

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
And very nice '89 stang. Maybe someday...
Thank you! They are very fun cars to own. I have a very good friend who is a Chevy head who now owns one because of my 89. I have also converted a Honda Boy to Mustangs at work, thanks to my 89.

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thank you! They are very fun cars to own. I have a very good friend who is a Chevy head who now owns one because of my 89. I have also converted a Honda Boy to Mustangs at work, thanks to my 89.
Nice! lol My dad had a 80s mustang GT with the 5.0L back when he was a kid. Bought it new because he inherited like 40 grand. But i guess this was before they got the rear end weight ratio together so he said he couldnt get any speed up, just would spin. Lol And he was a stupid 17 punk so he ended up crashing it thru a house attempting to suicide-pass in rainy weather. *facepalm*

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Holy fawk! lol Ive never driven a bike, but i can imagine that... Lol puts out more hp then my truck...:S

What if you crashed? Lol
I hope the leathers don't rip.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals