• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

pinion shims......

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
So I got all my bearings and all of that and just need pinion shims to set the preload. I have looked ever were ifor shims that aint 50 bucks. wheel the jeep ones work? I found them for aorun 10 bucks or so... please help really want to get my 5.13s in.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Pretty sure Jeep pinion shims will work, but NOT the carrier shims (unless you already have some carrier shims, you'll need those too).

$50 actually sounds pretty reasonable for a TTB D35 setup kit. I've seen them over $100, even without being a master kit (no bearings, just shims).

dla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So I got all my bearings and all of that and just need pinion shims to set the preload. I have looked ever were ifor shims that aint 50 bucks. wheel the jeep ones work? I found them for aorun 10 bucks or so... please help really want to get my 5.13s in.
You can get a pinion shim kit for $12. Or you can beg a set of shims from a shop that does gear swaps and return the ones you don't use.

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok so anyplace were I can just get shims on the net? What size is the ones for the 35? Iv all ready got new bearings and the seals. Trying to find someway to get out of paying over 100 bucks for small metal disk.

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Yelp just found them I think I'm just goin bite the bullet and get them

dla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yelp just found them I think I'm just goin bite the bullet and get them
Seriously? You're gonna spend $100 because you can't find the Yukon $12 shim kit? Or because you're too lazy to ask for some from a shop that probably has a mountain of them?

Or maybe I misunderstood...

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Were can I get a yokon kit for a dana 35 with the pinion shims and carrier shims. 60 is the cheapest I can find for a dana 35, I have yet to be able to find the measurements on here to cross match to another rear.
The 8.8s are all the same I think, can find them pretty cheap.
And on the shops around close most of this small town has closed.

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok need this cleared up I have seen people talk about these cheaper kits to do this yet have seen a part number or link. Closest I can find is pinion shims but no carrier shims. Assume I do need the carrier shines as I think the 5.13 ring is thicker. The 8.8 I can find pretty cheap

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals