• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel Leak

koppenhaver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
okay so after a few moons have past since i got my ranger and resurrected it to running condition, and got it road legal, i wen to put gas in it today, and fuel just started running everywhere i seemed to coming from the top of the gas tank, is there like a gasket or something up there that may have came loose? just hoping its a easy fix so i can run this bad boy. thanks for any help in advance!!

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I haven't played with the carbed rangers, but on my new to me FI 86 dual tank, one tank had no pump and so there was a 4" hole on the top that no one saw. Pretty freaky driving that from the gas staion to home.

koppenhaver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
this isnt my first one but i never had a issue with my 85 i had, and yeah that would be freaky as **** lol

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I would have to double check my 1985 Bronco II, but, there should be a vent valve tied into the charcoal cannister, at the top of the fuel tank.

From a quick google the part # would be along the lines of E7DZ-9B593-A VALVE ASSY. (FUEL VAPOR).

If the valve is bad and you do not have your emissions any more, I would probably go with a SpirderTrax valve instead. Though it is probably a rotted hose or broken connector.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals