• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2010 mustang

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'd really don't understand along with you, it's on the same assembly line, why can't you have it. Had the same problem when I ordered my 2000 Ranger 4x2. Only ratio with the posi was the 3.55 yet you sure could get a 4.10/posi in the 4x4. I hate the fact that the newer Mustangs don't even have a key hole on the passenger side. You lock that door and you have to use the fob. None of my Rangers have ever had electric windows or door locks. Guess I'm stuck with the '07', happen to really love it anyway.
Dave

Riptide

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I like the side profile of the 2010. The front is just OK. The tail is frickin HIDEOUS. Overall the 05-09 was better on the exterior. The interior on the 2010 is a step up.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No freakin way is the 2010 a big improvement over the 05-09.The ass end of the car is horrible and reminds me of a mid 80s celica and with the GM style cowl induction hood you might as well call it a camaro.No one I know so far cares for the new design and not a one of them are middle aged.One sidenote though I went into Ford last fall after seeing the new design to order an 09 before they quit taking them and virtually everything I wanted could not be had for one rediculous reason or another.Believe it or not I could not get the wheels I wanted because of the interior I chose which was the premium option because of the glassroof I wanted and the wheels were 18in premium.You would think that wouldnt be a problem.I also wanted a car without power windows,door locks and a/c..All mandatory now the dealer told me.I said I want a musclecar not a lincoln..I also wanted the 3.73 axle that they put under the bullitt.Bullitt only they told me..I said that axle is right there on the assembly line,tell them to throw one under it,its not like anything special has to be done.They said not possible!So I walked!No way was I going to pay 34k for a car optioned the way ford wanted and not the way I wanted it.I did hear the 3.73 axle is now available on the 2010s along with the cold air induction system.Hopefully they come out with an aggressive design soon like the 09s had and not make us wait for 5 years.
I love the '10, the only thing I don't really care for is the curved back end, but the rest of it is so beautiful I would happily back into my parking stall so I didn't have to look at it if it bothered me more than it did.

The 05-09's were almost too "cute" for me. Especially in the back end, they look like the took a late 60's - early 70's Mustang and tried to make a cartoon version.

Very few people don't want power windows/locks/ac on a new car. Personall y I hate that manual crap on my Ranger. It is no fun to jump into a truck that is 130+ degrees inside, have to reach acrosss and crank the other window down (after you do yours so you can breath) and burn my arm on the windowsill as I try to scoop in air that is only 100 degrees once I get moving to somewhat cool down. I would be up a crick without my rear slider, which I doubt you can get in a car... It is equally unfun to have to reach across the truck to lock/unlock the door. A/C, pw, ps, pb, pl, and cruise are requirements for me, I don't really want much more than that though.

If I spend $20k+ on a new car I am going get some critter comforts.

I am going to get an '10+ in a couple years, it won't be new though. My brother plans on ordering one as soon as he gets his student loan paid off.

stx4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I love the '10, the only thing I don't really care for is the curved back end, but the rest of it is so beautiful I would happily back into my parking stall so I didn't have to look at it if it bothered me more than it did.

The 05-09's were almost too "cute" for me. Especially in the back end, they look like the took a late 60's - early 70's Mustang and tried to make a cartoon version.

Very few people don't want power windows/locks/ac on a new car. Personall y I hate that manual crap on my Ranger. It is no fun to jump into a truck that is 130+ degrees inside, have to reach acrosss and crank the other window down (after you do yours so you can breath) and burn my arm on the windowsill as I try to scoop in air that is only 100 degrees once I get moving to somewhat cool down. I would be up a crick without my rear slider, which I doubt you can get in a car... It is equally unfun to have to reach across the truck to lock/unlock the door. A/C, pw, ps, pb, pl, and cruise are requirements for me, I don't really want much more than that though.

If I spend $20k+ on a new car I am going get some critter comforts.

I am going to get an '10+ in a couple years, it won't be new though. My brother plans on ordering one as soon as he gets his student loan paid off.
Yeah I understand wanting more options for the money.I just wanted a stripped down car with less weight and alot cheaper price.I did want the glass roof which was a 2k dollar option.I think they will be very collectible in the future.I still dont know if they are offering it on the 2010s.The early auto show pics of them showed them having it but I havent seen any advertisements.I absolutely hate power windows though.They are a real pain in the ass.They freeze in the frames in the winter and when the motor goes bad(and they always do)you cant get the window down at all,unless you want to pay Ford x amount of dollars to fix it.Its not fun at all to go thru a fast food drive thru etc and have to open your door to get your items.I see it all the time.Ford has took most of our choices away in ordering a car.When I was at the dealer I could count on one hand how many options could be ordered seperately.They put them into preferred equipment packages and you have to take a bunch of them to get the one you want.About the only real choice you have anymore is paint color.I know for a fact this has hurt sales,and there was no excuse at all for not having the wheels I wanted because of the premium leather interior I chose.It was easy to see why I walked from ordering one.Ford counts on high sales on the Mustang regardless of what they do with it because of it being a Mustang and for the most part they are right but that doesnt mean they should take the versatility away from it to where we cant order something unique.Alot of us like having/driving something a little different.

240cubes

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'00 '96 '89 '88
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 5.7 2.9
Transmission
Manual
this just in, today i drove a new 2010 GT. it was nasty, ill try to stop in and snap some pics tomorrow if i can.

o ya, and you cant see the ass end when youre cruisin down the road in a brand new car :eek:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I understand wanting more options for the money.I just wanted a stripped down car with less weight and alot cheaper price.I did want the glass roof which was a 2k dollar option.I think they will be very collectible in the future.I still dont know if they are offering it on the 2010s.The early auto show pics of them showed them having it but I havent seen any advertisements.I absolutely hate power windows though.They are a real pain in the ass.They freeze in the frames in the winter and when the motor goes bad(and they always do)you cant get the window down at all,unless you want to pay Ford x amount of dollars to fix it.Its not fun at all to go thru a fast food drive thru etc and have to open your door to get your items.I see it all the time.Ford has took most of our choices away in ordering a car.When I was at the dealer I could count on one hand how many options could be ordered seperately.They put them into preferred equipment packages and you have to take a bunch of them to get the one you want.About the only real choice you have anymore is paint color.I know for a fact this has hurt sales,and there was no excuse at all for not having the wheels I wanted because of the premium leather interior I chose.It was easy to see why I walked from ordering one.Ford counts on high sales on the Mustang regardless of what they do with it because of it being a Mustang and for the most part they are right but that doesnt mean they should take the versatility away from it to where we cant order something unique.Alot of us like having/driving something a little different.
I am 99% sure they had the big sunroof thing in the '10 brochure my brother brought home from work. You won't get that big window deal in a base car, like a convertable that thing will be close to loaded to get that checkbox available.

Usually after you drive around for awhile your windows will thaw out, I have had them freeze on my Ranger before too, nothing can take 1/2" of ice and not freeze, even doors.

darkspork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The 2010 Ford (SVT) Mustang Shelby GT500 is supposed to make 540hp and start at under 50 grand. No other new car makes that much power for under 80 grand. Viper starts at 92k (600hp) and the ZR1 Vette (638hp) starts at 105k. And we all know whats happening to GM and Chrysler...
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/review-2010-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500/?ratings=true (Shelby GT500 review)

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010-ford-mustang-gt-review/ (2010 Mustang GT review)

Thetruthaboutcars.com is known for bashing cars (they recently gave a Maybach a 1 out 5 star rating). The new shelby GT500 got 5/5 and the 2010 GT got 4/5. Also, it was noted that these cars handle much better than the previous generation of mustangs any day. If it were the same price I'd take a 2010 mustang over a 2009 mustang anyday.

ozzy85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
None
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
225/75/15
My credo
Yeah... still here.
Cute. Now it has a grumpy frowny face like the new Camaro and it grew a bubble-butt...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cute. Now it has a grumpy frowny face like the new Camaro and it grew a bubble-butt...
At least it isn't grinning from headlight to headlight like the newer Silverados...

1ATony

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
LOL, still waiting to see the new stang myself.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals