• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

5.0 swapped 94 ranger tach issue

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Ok guys will I've been digging around looking and will keep looking but I figured I ask now since the dash is apart . Well my 96 5.0 swap is complete and running great , but tack reads different (Rpms wrong ) . I have 2 14 pin connectors and a speedo cable . No dash pot adjustments that I can see . What pins do I need to swap or wires to add ?
Here's a pic of the back
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448053088.103371.jpg

I just wanna go fast [emoji48]

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well figured it out . In the end cut the tan/yellow tach wire and cut the black/ yellow 8cyl wire .soldered the the signal coming In for the t/y 4/6 cyl wire on the chassis to the blk/y 8cyl wire in the pigtail (which is grey /right side connector . With my snap on scanner plugged in to obd2 the signal is dead on now . I'm so damn happy about this this mod
[emoji482] here's a pin out I found in the tech section of the dash gauge cluster connectors
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448071943.736152.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448071960.675950.jpg
If you can't zoom in just look under the tech section in electrical diagrams

I just wanna go fast [emoji48]

ProStreetRob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have to take this mod on myself, or something similar, Thanks I'm sure this info will help one way or another.

I have a 91 Ranger with a 5.0 EFI, Built AOD, 9" 4 Link Narrowed Rear. Builder used the complete 93 5.0 Mustang set up, Motor, Inj's, Maf, C3W ECM, and a Ford Racing Multiport EFI Engine Management Harness. Interior and dash is pretty much all Explorer and every single button, light, gauge, and gadget works in the truck except the tach. Builder told me it originally got it working by soldering a resister in behind the dash and it must have burned out ?
Of course I could put an aftermarket Tach in but I'd love to get the oem Tach working again

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals