• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ABS Sensor part # Motorcraft

Joyride20

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
According to the pics at rockauto (your links didn't work) the second switch has a very different connector and bolts on.

Joyride20

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
According to the pics at rockauto (your links didn't work) the second switch has a very different connector and bolts on.
Thanks for the reply...i dunno why the links arent working.

They should both bolt on to to rear axle and i couldnt tell by the pics but the second one does seem to have a different plug. I ordered the DY1123 should get here tomorrow...im hoping its the correct one. I ordered it the other day without doing much research in hopes of fixing my speedo and tach

bradberry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I just replaced mine with a Master Craft one and it is different than the OEM one I pulled out of my 1998 rig. The one I put in has a plastic part on the end and the OEM has a metal (magnetize end). The new part either is not sitting close enough to the tone ring, is faulty or I have a short in the wiring, because the new one did not work. I am going to the Ford Dealer today to get the OEM sensor. Just an FYI. Oh and the bolt takes a 1/2" wrench/socket to get it out and may take a firm gentle nudge to put it back in to get it seated correctly.

Joyride20

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Okay thank for the heads up Brad. I'll be replacing mine right after work today. If it doesn't fit, I'll let y'all know and end up going to Ford Dealer...is the dealer giving you a Motorcraft part? if so post up the part # if you dont mind.

Joyride20

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
So Motorcraft part # DY1123 is the correct one.

I ended up going to the Ford dealership because the one I pulled out of the axle looked nothing like the replacement. Like Brad mentioned the original sensor is round and has the metal tab...the new superseded part (DY1123) has a plastic tab and is not round. So I went up to Ford and they pulled the correct ABS Sensor off the shelf and it indeed was the same part I had ordered. DY1123. Amazon has it for $22.68 while the Ford dealership wanted close to $40.

My problem has been resolved somewhat, my speedo now reads normal after about 25-30 mph...before it only read normal after about 50mph...from 0 to about 25 mph it jumps arounds and sticks...I'll be testing wires soon but from what I saw while changing the sensor they look to be in good shape. I have heard the GEM module could be the culprit...I'll be doing some more research on that.

Anyways part # DY1123 will fit 98 Ford Ranger...

Take it easy

bradberry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The part number I got was the same. It is Dy-1123-F85Z-9E731-AB
And it did not fix my issue.
Yesterday I actually had time to replace it and yes, it took longer to secure the truck than it does to replace it. It did not fix my issue.

When I bought the part he the parts tech asked me if I wanted the sensor or the pigtail. He stated that usually it is the pigtail that is usually the culprit. This may be the case in my situation.

Now my next move will be to remove the driver seat and see if my issue is there. I have now replaced the VSS with one from a parts store and one OEM and still the issue is present.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals