• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.9 High Idle

TillamookB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just cleaned the IAC valve to fix my low idle/dying issue. It now idles a bit high. Aside from the high idle, its a normal well-running gutless 2.9. Is there anything else that may need cleaning or adjusting? I'd let you know the RPMs, but somehow, my tach needle broke... The housing and device are fine, just the needle itself is broken until I get another from the scrap yard.

Thanks

bfiakas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
Have you checked the voltage at the TP switch?It should be between .09-1.0 volts. Being that my B2 is 24 yrs old I decided to replace the MAP sensor and TPS.If you calibrate the TPS with the engine running and got it on the money,turn off the engine and disconect the POS on your battery at least 15 mins to reset the computer.I didn't do that the first time I calibrated the TPS and it ran like crap.You need to get a Tach gauge or you will be looking for a fart in a dark room trying to dial it in.Good luck

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals