• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wire that grounds the fuel pumps and injectors from battery where is it?

sexybluelady

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994, 199
Make / Model
ford, mitsu, do
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Brake light on dash is probably e-brake switch or electrical connector on Master cylinder

Only explanation for the no start until it ran for a bit would be bad gas in fuel system, water is heavier than gasoline so settles to the bottom of the tank when vehicle sits.
All gasoline has water in it.
But driving it keeps water from concentrating at the bottom of tank, where fuel pump pickup is.

ECT(engine coolant temp) sensor tells computer when to run Choke Mode, Rich mix, high idle and advanced spark timing.
Usually located near thermostat
There are TWO temp devices on fuel injected engines
ECT sensor, used only by the computer
ECT SENDER, used only by dash board temp gauge

Sender usually only has 1 wire connected, it uses engine as a ground via it's threads
ECT sensor always has two wires

The Glove Test is a simple, easy and free way to test for cylinder leak, i.e. head gasket or cracked head issue
Thank you Ron, I know everything that you stated. But it's still good information for someone who may not know and stumbles onto this post. :)
I dropped my tank and cleaned it out, before I put in a new fuel pump also put in new gas and some iso to help take out any water that may have settled. I had that covered hehe :icon_thumby:

I forgot to state that I did put in a new fuel system after my truck was vandalized by the social justice warriors at Hampshire College. The students had put something nasty in my tank. Which is why I dropped my tank to clean it. and ended up rebuilding my top end.

I know that there are two sensors, I will pull my power probe back out to see what's going on, tomorrow if it doesn't start up and does the same thing.

I had a few Fords that had came into the shop that had the wires shorting out that were by the MC. It seems to be a "common-ish" problem on these trucks. I work mostly on forced induction imports, there fun and fast but when they break they fu king break$$$$$

I'll let you know what I come up with tomorrow guys. So that others can reference this if it happens to their truck too. :)

sexybluelady

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994, 199
Make / Model
ford, mitsu, do
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sorry about the slow update.
It still will not start without starting fluid, and I have to nurse the throttle for a min or two until the engine is slightly warm to get it to run. But once that is done it will run fine. I checked my coolant temp sensor and it was slightly off, so I decided to pop in a new one. On rock auto it was around $3 for it. But problem still remains. Also put in a new thermostat last one was stuck open. Just in case someone asks about it.
I've been doing other little things like the rear drums and fixing my cb radio just to keep busy. Tested out every sensor, still smell very slight hydrocarbons (it could just be me over reacting), but it doesn't show signs of a bad head gasket, unless the leak is very very small.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals