• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New 2 4um.. Need info about 3.0 Vulcan bellhousing pattern

TorkTek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Is it common with any other Fords like maybe the 2.3 or something? I have a 93 Ranger 2wd and if I have to keep it, I certainly want to toss the 5-spd and it's clutch. My third clutch in it now is toast, howling badly when letting out the clutch. I would like to use a good old dependable C-4/C-5 automatic as i can rebuild those and don't want to fool around with an A4LD. I would much rather build and r&r 2 or 3 C-4's, than to try and weild that beast 5-spd in and out once to put another clutch in it. What is the heritage and when was the 3.0 (or whatever it was at first) originally used in Fords, pintos, couriers or whatever?? What vehicle can I look for to get the auto trans i need? Knowledgeable help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
The only other RWD vehicle the 3.0 was ever used in was the Aerostar, which also used the A4LD. The 3.0 was also used in the Taurus and Windstar, but those are both FWD vehicles so obviously those transmissions wouldn't work. Those are the only vehicles I know of that ever used the 3.0.

TorkTek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
3.0 bellhousing pattern is it's own one of a kind....?

seems wierd that ford would do that.. Maybe I can look up part numbers for spacer plates between trans and motors...

TorkTek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If I can't find a trans I guess it may wind up as a 302/C-4 replacement and since the bed is now ruined. I'll have to build another flatbed (w/cherry picker this time). 108"wb a/c p/s 8.8 3.73LS. Two tone with caymen green or accap blue on top and that gold crap color on the bottom......Will have to build a fence around the bed to keep retards from jumping on and off while I try to drive....

orangealpine

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The 3.0 bell pattern is the same as the old "Pinto" 2.0. That does not help much as there are few trannys for that one still floating around, but the C4 was used. It is very similar to the 2.3 pattern. The two top bolts are in a different location and the locating pins are different diameter. Stepped locating pins are easy to make and some guys run with only four of the six bolts. Others have filled the bell housing and drilled holes to match the engine.

Bill

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals