• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Benz om617

Oh2Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Duratec
Transmission
Manual

jrpdash9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have been busy with other things, I have the down pipe modified and installed along with some other odds and ends. Now that it is nicer out it will be getting done faster

Oh2Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Duratec
Transmission
Manual
watching yours and 1991's truck close!

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
Consistent 28.ish mpg and a blown water pump... Loving the truck and mpg I suggest anyone who is thinking to do it to just do it so worth it... Not to mention it never gets old wen driving through town and you see that guy look at your truck completely confused but are intrigued lol also got a box side for free need another one here in canada that isn't rusted

jrpdash9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

I have been really busy with my other project.

2012 chevy sonic track car.

The truck will be picking up steam here in the next few weeks!

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
That's my issue too I got a 75 honda cb500t I restored and now a 81 kz440 cafe racer along with trying to build a shed before it hits winter so I don't get slowed down :p

liamkeough88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My friend just totaled his grey market 86 300d with the om603 straight 6 na diesel. Its mine if I want it. I'd love to drop it in my 88 and reuse my freshly rebuilt toyo koygo 5 speed. I unfortunately do not work at a machine shop. Lol
Any idea what the cost would be on fabing up adapters like the ones you made?

Exenos

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Since there's a benz diesel bell housing drawing kicking around on the internet some where and you can probably find a drawing for the ford trany as well it shouldn't be more than two hours of labour if you provide then with a drawing of exactly what needs to be made. On the other hand, if you just give them the engine and transmission it could cost more than your truck depending on how competent the machinist is.

liamkeough88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just stuck my head under the truck and I've got the FM146. Not the toyo

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
Since there's a benz diesel bell housing drawing kicking around on the internet some where and you can probably find a drawing for the ford trany as well it shouldn't be more than two hours of labour if you provide then with a drawing of exactly what needs to be made. On the other hand, if you just give them the engine and transmission it could cost more than your truck depending on how competent the machinist is.
two hours to build an adapter is realistic after a pile of work to write a program and trial and error it along with knowing your clutch system that your going to use to make an adapter for the fly wheel your going to use and so on and so forth. 2 hours is far from what a one off piece would cost.

I know my 5 cylinder is tight in my truck with the rad cut into the front clip as far as it can go. If you want to go to a straight 6 your probably going to have to further modify your fire wall.

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
the other thing with making a bell housing is you do need the motor and tranny there to calculate the distances to make sure your slave is going to push the clutch far enough alot of factors that with out sitting right in front of me i cant do but if you have a drawing anything can be made but i know that my conversion if i were to of had to pay the labour it would of been close on 3500 for that bell alone which like he said is all that these trucks are really worth some aren't even that. look up mercedes4x4 on google they have kits for these motors for different trannies that may be the way to go

Exenos

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I wasn't talking CNC. On a manual mill with a digital readout there is no reason as to why it should take more than a few hours. I might have been a bit optimistic at 2 but there is absolutely no reason why it couldn't be done in 3 hours. Its just 12 holes and only 4 of then need to be more accurate than clearance.

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
If there was enough interest in the adapter like i made i could tear apart and measure it up and make few but id have to have a few people to make it worth my while that are willing to pay for for it more i get cheaper i can make them

rangerscout

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Which tranny did you use on yours

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals