• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

hockeyryans ranger build

hockeyryan

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
hey so Im having problems finding a yoke for my 31 spline 9"axle. So my question is am i idiot and giving ppl the wrong info about the axle or are they hard to find? When i look on bronco graveyard all i see if 28 spline yokes. Is there something else i can run while being able to keep my stock ranger driveshaft. A local guy with a built ranger said hes running a 98+ flange and a 1 piece drive shaft.

hockeyryan

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
well i have got a little more done. fenders trimmed and flares done. Since this isnt a daily driver I figured I would just do the cheap flares lol. $40 vs $600-700 was a pretty easy decision for me. My skyjacker brake lines just came in tonight so tomorrow will be put the chromo shafts in and hubs and bleed the brakes. Then hopefully by Saturday I will have my 9inch yoke. Then I can finally move it with its own power. Im getting tired of moving it with the forklift.
On to the pictures

hockeyryan

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
No pics but small update.
I got my ext skyjacker brake lines so Im bleeding the brakes tonite.
Hubs and axle shafts have been installed
Getting a new battery tonite since the old one no longer holds a charge.
Have to add gear oil to both diffs and break them in
Then I can start the ranger up for its first test drive. Im getting nervous, hoping everything goes well. I want to bring it out this weekend for its first test, yay!

Things that need to be down still
Front shocks
Bump stops
limiting straps
new trans cross member
All I can think of right now. Theres more I want to do but those can wait right now

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Way to get creative with the garden edging. I used that stuff for a front lip on my dirt car before its actually pretty tough. Man I want to sas my truck so bad. Seems like every build thread I go through all the ttb guys go straight axle.

hockeyryan

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Well I wont have done the sas if it was my dd still but since its now a bush truc k why not lol. So update time again
I bleed my brakes so those are done. Started the ranger up and Im guessing my head gasket is leaking :annoyed: so Im on the hunt for a cheapish low km engine. I had to work late this friday so i couldnt pick up my F250 shock towers, so ill have to do that tomorrow hopefully. And it looks like I installed my hubs wrong :dunno: my bad. So Ill be tearing into those again tonite. Hopefully Ill get those figured out

hockeyryan

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Well it update time.
Unfortunately my phone had to be reset sooooo i lost alot of my build pictures :annoyed: so ill have to take some new ones.
Well I have gotten two runs in since the last update but the ranger is finally back in the shop for more tinkering.
I have started a crossmember just to brace the frame till I get a new trans crossmember built.
heres a picture of it so far (still have work to do)

Loaded up on the trailer for the toy run

Two sassed rangers on the toy run. I missed the 3rd one

And the two internationals in the back of the barn, hopefully will be taking them out and getting them running

And lastly for now
My future off road trailer. It a old forestry trailer that I think will make a good camping trailer. So ill probs pull the fenders off and raise them up a couple inches and maybe some wheel spaces. Im hoping to get some 33s or 35s on there. But we shall see

Thats it for now. Hopefully ill have some more pictures in a day or so
:icon_cheers:

hockeyryan

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Got the axle bearings changed again, and installed my bearing spacers. So far it seems like they are doing their job.

since I had the brackets of the explorer disk brakes off, I decided to clean them up quickly and give them a quick coat of paint

So in April a couple friends and me went camping. Sooo with that being said it was time to make the ranger a little more street worthy. It was time for removable mud flaps

Here are some April camping trip pictures.
Carnage is a rear driveshaft. Had to drive back in 4 high
And it seems like i have to trim my fenders and bumpers a little more... again

hockeyryan

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Went out this weekend camping and some light exploring/wheeling.
Drove the ranger all the way there and back, 2.5 hours each way. I was surprised on how it drove to tell you the truth. Only complaint would be the body roll while driving. So I guess the next step would be some swaybars, well on the front for sure.

Here are some pictures

hockeyryan

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
some pictures from a wheeling trip a month ago

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals