• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front and rear sway bars on my 90 Bronco II

jayterrence

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok, I am here to ask the guys that know all..... I am about to install a 4 inch BDS lift kit, I have the super saggy rear springs, so i am installing a new set of leafs from a Ford Exploder, re-arched and the BDS add-a-leaf installed. This is going to make the rear very stiff, as well it will add about 1.5" of lift even before I install the lift so there are concerns about the front end height matching the rear. This is to be an off road vehicle. I want to remove the sway bars in the rear, with the extra stiff springs i don't think i will need them since i am primarily off road. Now I have been reading about others who have removed both front and rear sway bar links. For my application, does it make sense to remove them??
I am looking for some good feedback and possibly any issues I may run into along the way, the truck will be in the shop next week. Thank you.

CurtisP87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think most people who primarily offroad their trucks would say to remove both sway bars. I removed my rear bar, and made some quick disconnects for the front. I drive my truck to the trails, so having the front bar on for the highway gives me a little peace of mind, and it only takes a couple minutes to disconnect when we hit the trails. Having them off isnt a huge deal, as long as you know how to drive safely on the highway. No sway bars will give you a bit more body roll in the corners, so just remember youre in a lifted truck, not a sports car; watch your speed going into the corners and youll be fine.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals