• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Turn signal switch

98Longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
FYI: My wipers, high beams and hazards all work fine.
Several months back when I would hit my turn signal lever (either direction) I would get an intermittant buzzing sound and the turn signals would not work. That stopped after a couple of months and the turn signals worked fine. Now the turn signals don't work most of the time or they'll flash for a second or two. Another thing that happens is if I'm sitting at a left-hand turn and I have the switch on, the turn signal starts working after 10 to 15 seconds for 2 about seconds and then it stops again. Does this sound like a dirty switch or a worn out switch or something else. If it's dirty switch how do I clean it? If the switch needs replacing has anybody done that job before?

Last edited:

exotic_4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
No, its not your switch, its the flasher..look in your owners manual...its located in your fuze panel, its either a big silver round looking thing about the size of a silver dollar, or its square..but thats your trucks issue for your signals making that buzzing noise. try that first. they are only like $5.00 tops to fix. very inexpensive

98Longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the reply.
After posting my question I did some digging and I do agree with you that it's the flasher.
The flasher is yellow and located under the dash to the left of the steering column.
Thanks again

irishblessing

i have that same problem so i replace the silver dollor looking thing?

powerwagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
wow im having these problems too in my 88. my left turn works fine, but my right was blinking very fast! and it was cousing my left side markers to glow very dime at he same time so i went to the rear pas side and wigeld the wiers in the harnes and it stoped. but now they blik very slow and have a long duration like every 5 sec and stay on for like 10 sec i cheched the wiers for a short but thay look good .....so i figerd its the flasher cube reley magig, mine is blue and has the anoying DING!

powerwagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
wait could my prob also be the switch on the column? because my low beams dont work but my highs do?

wythors

Reaction score
I have this exact problem with my recently purchased 98. The right turn signals will intermittantly make the described noise and not work when the switch is fully engaged. They work fine when only using the "lane change" feature and will start working properly if the high beams are flashed. I replaced the flasher with no change. My next step will be to replace the switch itself.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals