• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Supercab or Supercrew?

Which Ranger Cab Would You Want?

• SuperCab - Jump Seats

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • SuperCab - 'Real' Seats

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • SuperCrew

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Regular Cab

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters

sblake01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No one ever rides in the back of trucks I've owned so a real back seat isn't necessary. I've owned an 84 Ranger regular cab (super cab wasn't available till 86), and 90 Super Cab-jump seats and the 2004 Super Cab I have now also jump seats.

blksn8k

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
After leaving the Rangers for my Explorer Sport Trac, I've come to like having the extra room to haul more people in the back seat. I'm going to have a supercrew when they finally get sold.
Same here. I would also add that the windows on the rear doors and cab of the Sport Trac are tinted well enough that you can barely see a person sitting in back much less what might be lying on the seats. The rear seats of the ST also fold flat which makes for some very useful and LOCKABLE storage space.

The current doublecab T6 Ranger has a 5 ft bed which is a foot longer than the Sport Trac bed and that has proven long enough for my needs. If I wanted a longer bed I would probably be better off with an F-series anyway. If I need to haul something that won't fit in the bed I use an 8x12 ft aluminum utility trailer.

blksn8k

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Two other features I really like on my Sport Trac are the moonroof and the power down rear window. When both are open the amount of fresh air moving through the cab is awesome.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
All the 4-door trucks look too much like an SUV to me.

priceman142

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Went to the Detroit Auto Show today. Say the supercab ranger on the second floor of the Ford display. Looks like it has 'real' seats behind the front seats, though obviously with not very much room for the people in the back.

You can see the headrests and seat back for the rear seats behind the front driver's seat in the photo. Not sure if the seat bottom folds up/down though.

ranger rear seats.png

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Went to the Detroit Auto Show today. Say the supercab ranger on the second floor of the Ford display. Looks like it has 'real' seats behind the front seats, though obviously with not very much room for the people in the back.

You can see the headrests and seat back for the rear seats behind the front driver's seat in the photo. Not sure if the seat bottom folds up/down though.

View attachment 23107
Yup, real seat. Like no legroom though.

Given my druthers I would just get the scab to keep bow and gun cases out of sight and weather.

Wifey says super crew though...

blksn8k

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Not having seen one in person yet I'm going to assume because the rear doors on the supercab have no exterior handles that they open from the front and that the front doors have to be opened first, just like the old US Ranger scab. Having owned two of those before the Sport Trac I would definitely prefer the crewcab not only for ease of access to the back but also for the larger seat and greater leg room.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not having seen one in person yet I'm going to assume because the rear doors on the supercab have no exterior handles that they open from the front and that the front doors have to be opened first, just like the old US Ranger scab. Having owned two of those before the Sport Trac I would definitely prefer the crewcab not only for ease of access to the back but also for the larger seat and greater leg room.
My F-150 is like that.

Generally it isn't a big deal. But back when I had a garage I would always set groceries in the back DS seat, it is just natural to. I got my truck stuffed into the garage, would open the front door, get out, open the back door, get all my loot, have to back up into the front door to shut the back door then twist around to shut the front door.

No garage anymore... non issue. I have gotten married since then too, now I just pick up piddley crap that she forgot so it just rides up front.

I do think it would make the cab a lot stronger to have a real B-pillar though.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
super cab, jump seats. would use that area for in-cab storage, ive had 2 supercabs and 3 regular cab longbeds. dont need the extra seating but do like the bigger cab for tools and stuff, ive gotton used to my regular cab though and really like having a longer bed, but really when you think about it i only have 6' of bed floor with the tool box in the back. the crew cab just has too small a bed in my opinion, not seen one in person yet but it looks like a 4 ft bed to me.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
super cab, jump seats. would use that area for in-cab storage, ive had 2 supercabs and 3 regular cab longbeds. dont need the extra seating but do like the bigger cab for tools and stuff, ive gotton used to my regular cab though and really like having a longer bed, but really when you think about it i only have 6' of bed floor with the tool box in the back. the crew cab just has too small a bed in my opinion, not seen one in person yet but it looks like a 4 ft bed to me.
Supercab is 6', supercrew is 5'.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
One feature I like about the rear opening doors on the supercab is that they open a full 90*. You can slide a large TV (55"+) across behind the front seats very easily. That's come in handy for my job several times now.

2000sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
It would be a super crew for me. Two girls, 4 and 8, they'll be 5 and 9 by then. I've got to have a place to haul them. Normally it's just me running to town, or running one or the other to dance, but it would be nice if it gets about 25-30 mpg, I may use it for my vacation vehicle. With a tonnau cover on back, I could get more luggage in the back than the Edge would hold. I would think the mileage would be there, wife's Edge has a 3.5 V6 non eco boost and it gets 24 easily, 25 or 26 if you baby it.

rob99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
SuperCab for me, either jump or real id be happy as long as the real seats keep the 6ft bed like the jumps.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals