• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Straycat's 2012 Jeep JK-8

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
The 99 Ranger is gone. It went to a good home. My buddy bought it for his son. They have been trying to buy it for about 4 years now!!

Here are some photos of my 2012 JK-8 2 door Wrangler Sport. Smittybilt bumpers and 9,500lb winch with remote. 5.18 gears. My first set of General Grabbers. So far they are really nice on the street. Handled great and it rained hard on the way home last night….lol. I am still keeping a pickup truck, just that it is a Jeep!!! It just turn 14,000 miles on it. I test drove it three times before I bought it. My buddy just got it in last week at his dealership and he said come get it!! The tires are brand new. Only like 30 miles on it when I drove it last week for a few test rides.
The owner traded it in on a 2014 4 door Jeep. He needed more room for the kids to go off road since they got a bit bigger in the last 2 years. I got a great warranty on it as well. My wife is crazy about it!!! But....she said no Hemi motor for now...got to wait a few years since I got such a great warranty with the Jeep!!!

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the jk8 is a special package? it comes with 5.18 gears?

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Nice looking Heep Stray :)

I always liked the Jeep Scramblers from the 80s.. I did not know that Jeep made that package that you have.

Any mod plans?

AJ

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
I felt a little sick when I read you were selling your Ranger. That was a SWEET truck! I have to admit tho, there's not much to complain about with your Jeep. Good looking ride. Seems to be pretty well set up for anything you want to do with it.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Guy, I really miss the Ranger. It was one really nice looking ride. I had so many compliments form both 2wd and 4wd owners everywhere I went with the truck. I had Jeep owners pull up to us on the road at traffic lights and yell at us 'Nice looking Ranger, Bro'!!! Made you feel great. Other trucks would give 2 thumbs up as we passed by each other. I am leaving it like it is for now. It has plenty of power and loves to go out for a ride. So far I really like these General Grabbers. I was planning on putting on a set on my Ranger this summer but not now since I sold it this week!!! At least I still have a 'pickup'....lol. I still need one for the animal feed and yard stuff I need to haul around!!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Took one of the boats out today with the JK-8 and it towed so well!!! Did not get to go out in the boat...too much rain happened. At least I got to test to see how it towed.....lol We do need the rain so I can go out another day!!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
One thing I found out today....the JK-8 is not great on taking the pets anywhere.....lol. I just now had to run one of the cats to the Vet to check his new microchip and got him in his carrier and then walked out into the garage and realized that if the wife and I are going with a cat, the carrier won’t fit behind the seat very well....lol. Had to take another ride. But, so far we like the new Jeep. My 06 Wrangler is going to be sitting for a while since I need to get used to the JK. I just turned 12,000 mile on it coming home from the Vet.

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Looks good. I still can't figure out why they don't have a v8 option.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I think the smallest v8 they have is the hemi, might be a bit much for the axles. The v6 turbo diesel they have in the ram trucks might be a good fit though.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
My 06 Wrangler X has a Hemi in it. I got the motor with only 3,000 mile on it. My friends parents Grand Cherokee got caught on fire the 4th of July 3 years ago when fireworks in the back compartment got accidently lite. Not a good way to end your day. The whole back end was burned. The front still looked nice!! The insurance gave me the Cherokee for $2,300 I had got the motor out of it for my 06. Love that Hemi…..lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals