• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco II Fuel line and pump question

jtaborsky

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4"
Tire Size
32's
My credo
Break. Upgrade. Repeat.
Questions: What is the easiest way to convert to a single fuel pump setup? I know I need a high pressure pump in the tank, but what do I do for fuel lines?

Will a 1992 Explorer sport fuel lines work in a Bronco II?

This is a somewhat complex question so please bare with me.

I have a 1987 Bronco II with (I believe) a bad fuel check valve. If I have the pressure gauge hooked up at the fuel rail and turn the key on, I hear the pump prime, and the pressure gauge shoots up to ~30 psi then gradually falls back down to zero.

I know the check valve is in the frame fuel pump, so the obvious fix would be to replace that. However, this seems like a great opportunity to upgrade to a single pump setup, so that is the route I intend to go.

I am also in the midst of a 4.0 swap. The donor vehicle is a 1992 Explorer sport. Will any of these fuel lines be usable in the Bronco II? Maybe from the filter to the pump? Will the fuel tanks interchange?

If I can't use the explorer fuel lines, how do everyone bypass the in-line pump? Can I just leave it there and unplug it?

Thanks.
- Joe

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals