• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for some help...

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Glad to hear things went well with the surgery. Hopefully the Re-hab does too. Sometimes that's the hard part. Eventually you'll get everything to where you want it to be, just takes time. Good luck and thanks for keeping us informed.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Yea. Still need to do something about my truck situation. I'm not going to be driving for probably a month, so there's still time if I can get some help. I won't be of much use other than moral support though, lol

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
My march towards recovery..... Continues.

Well, it's more like a halting thump at this point.

Have not managed to master crutches yet, but I can stump my way to the bathroom, kitchen and living room. Still doing a lot of laying around and sleeping, but I'm starting to feel the need for less sleep and a real desire to go do things. Mom is worried that I'm being too lazy, I'm worried that one day soon I'll just get up and be like, I'm bored, I'm going to finish putting the 88 together today. I'm not worried about lazy, I'm worried that I'll try to do too much once I get moving.

This ice machine thing I got.... So nice. After they bandaged my hip, they strapped this big chiller pad on and put a brace on. The pad connects up to the ice machine that pumps ice water through the pad. Has a temperature regulator and all. Does an unbelievable job of controlling pain and swelling. I'd be lost without it.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Heavy bandages are off, stitches are out. Three itty-bitty incisions. I'm able to wear regular clothes now and I can completely lose the brace come Monday. Therapy starts Tuesday, which was the first appointment I could get (with the holidays they ended up with two short weeks, so they got backed up). Very anxious to move forward, but I still don't have wheels for when I am allowed to drive.

Oh, and they gave me pictures of the work they did inside my hip, lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
So it has come to my attention that I may be able to swing a small loan towards a set of wheels, so I'm looking for a 1998+ Ranger. Must have the third door and be an automatic 4x4 that needs nothing major. Preferably with a regular bed. I'm not really going to be overly picky at this point about small stuff.

Sent from my kite using a trebuchet

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Heavy bandages are off, stitches are out. Three itty-bitty incisions. I'm able to wear regular clothes now and I can completely lose the brace come Monday. Therapy starts Tuesday, which was the first appointment I could get (with the holidays they ended up with two short weeks, so they got backed up). Very anxious to move forward, but I still don't have wheels for when I am allowed to drive.

Oh, and they gave me pictures of the work they did inside my hip, lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sounds like you're on the way to recovery...

I asked my surgeon for the abdominal aorta repair if they could take a video...he laughed but said it was not allowed...lol

Take it slow...mend well and the rest will come to you...:icon_thumby:

And happy hunting for that replacement vehicle...I'm sure you will find something suitable!

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Yup, making progress. I'm doing some exercises at home, mostly isometrics since I figure it's hard to screw up and damage the surgery that way (and isometrics are listed on my sheet of things to do at therapy from my surgeon). I'm also stumping around the house a lot on my crutches. I can finally flex my leg to the limits that I'm currently permitted.

My surgeon does research and training stuff for this kind of surgery, so they asked me before the surgery if I would consent to them taking pictures and what not. After hearing all about it, I had no problems with it. Maybe I'll end up in a medical textbook someday, lol

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Therapy seems to be going well, my therapist is pleased with where I'm at physically. Guess between my overall fitness and the isometrics, I'm off to a good start. My poor leg got so thin though, lost a lot of muscle mass. They said probably at least two more weeks on crutches.

As it is, I'm getting really tired of being stuck at home and not able to do much. Still have not managed to resolve my truck problem. Nothing has been done to my 88 and I have not been able to come up with anything else yet. Mom managed to find me a special loan, no interest and payments that would be affordable in my situation, but it has to be used to buy a vehicle. So I've been looking for a Ranger. 1998 and up, extended cab with the third door, 4x4, automatic that doesn't need work. So far, I haven't been able to find anything worthy.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Still no resolution to the truck problem, but Mighty said he would try to come help work on my 88 this upcoming weekend, weather permitting. Anyone else local that can help is welcome. Got to stop by the machine shop on my way home from therapy today and pick up my rocker arms that have been sitting there for the past month or so.

Was finally permitted to start using a cane last week, but told to take it easy or I would end up back on crutches, so I've been struggling to behave myself.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Man, it sucks that you are so far away from me. I could have had you on the road weeks ago.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Man, it sucks that you are so far away from me. I could have had you on the road weeks ago.

I hear you, Holyford86 said the same thing.

In case anyone is wondering, anyone who comes and helps can stay the night if they want, as long as they're ok with dogs since mine has free run of the house.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Yes, if I were closer I'd try to help out mechanically too, lol. Or at the very least let you borrow my Cherokee till you are up and moving. All the vehicles you have and they're all standards. 2 of mine are standard and 2 autos, for when I get tired of shifting or just lazy lol. Hopefully you'll get her done soon.

Doofy

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Shit Happens...Then You Die.
I'd settle for any automatic that you can get in and out of easily. You can always sell or trade later. I'd even settle for a mini-van(oh, the horror). Yet to find a ranger that had a comfortable seat or was easy to get in and out of. Just sayin...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Well, if you get a Montana they are actually pretty roomy and easy to get in and out of...but the real bonus is you can remove all the seats in the back and use it just like a pick up or work van...

I borrowed one when my Ranger motor died and I was very impressed with them...so when it came time to look for something automatic I ended up with the Dodge Grand Caravan and I can attest to the ease of getting in and out...

Only problem I've found so far is there is just too much glass to clean when it snows or freezing ran hits it...adds another fifteen minutes onto the time just to get it to where I could see out...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, if you get a Montana they are actually pretty roomy and easy to get in and out of...but the real bonus is you can remove all the seats in the back and use it just like a pick up or work van...

I borrowed one when my Ranger motor died and I was very impressed with them...so when it came time to look for something automatic I ended up with the Dodge Grand Caravan and I can attest to the ease of getting in and out...
We have a farmer that comes in that uses minivans for his truck. You carry oil out for him and he has bags of feed, fuel cans and buckets of whatever in the back out of the weather.

He buys them cheap (nobody wants a 10+yo used minivan) and they get pretty decent mileage.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals