• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

No power at my #8 headlight fuse

DougInNJ

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Only posting here because I have my dash torn apart - 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4. It started when I noticed that the push button switch for Fog Lamp, located to the right of the radio was on. I dont have fog lamps so i shut it off. That night I find that my headlights wont come on and neither will the Fog Lamp switch. My parking/running lights work and the hi beams work on the flash-to-pass lever but no headlights.
Today I checked all fuses in the Fuse Panel in the cab and the Power Distribution Box under the hood. They are all good EXCEPT in the Fuse Panel, fuse #8 labeld "15 amp Right Headlamp, Fog Lamp System" has no power to it!

I removed the fuse (which is good) and checked for voltage in the fuse socket with the truck running and still no power. I Left my probes in the socket and turned the headlight switch to all positions and still nothing.
I removed the Fuse Panel to look behind it and found the socket is fed with a blue, green stripe wire only. The other socket is a deadend, must be a ground?
I also checked the Fog Lamp Relay and the HeadLamps 20 amp fuse in the PDB and they are both good and have power.

This is my everyday truck and I have the dash and fuse panel apart.
Anybody have this problem before or have any suggestions. Maybe there is a relay or fuse I dont know of.
Thanks for any help you could provide
Doug in NJ

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals