• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

turn signals/tilt steering

BIDNESS57

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 & 03
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 2003 ranger xlt. I was having problems a few months ago with my turn signals not working when the tilt steering was positioned 2 notches above the lowest tilt setting. If I raised the tilt higher they would work. I replaced the multifunction switch with a used part. Signals work fine for a while . Now back to the drawing board. Signals won't work past 2 setting from the full tilt up position .
Any suggestions or advice
thank you

Don

1996xlt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Check where the multi-function switch plugs into the harness in the steering column, likely there will be a wire that has de-pinned itself from the connector; gently pull on each wire until you find the loose one. If you're lucky, you should be able to push the wire back into place and hear/see a *click* once you push it back into its connector. Otherwise you may have to cut splice in a new connector like this one:
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=508548&cc=1438311&jsn=593&jsn=593

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals