• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Alternator wiring yellow/white and green/red

usmc2003ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Okay guys, here is what I have. I have a 2003 Ranger 2.3, I swapped in a 1996 Explorer 5.0.
Everything runs fine. But I have a charging issue because I don't know where the 2 alternator wires go.
-Does anyone have a photo of exactly where the yellow/white wire connects?
-A photo of where the green/red wire connects?

So on the swap writeup, it says:
"The short Black wire with White stripe from the plug is now going to be used for the Yellow/White alternator wire."
"The 1996-1997 Explorer harness has pin 41 empty. This is a Light Green/Red wire for the alternator light. From the alternator, connect this wire to the Ranger side of plug 41 or take the wire and pin from the Ranger motor plug and connect it through the plug."

But, I found that the short black and white wire is in plug 41 on the ranger side. So does the yellow/white wire connect to it, or the green/red? Then where does the other wire go?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals