• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2003 Lockout Hubs

hilbile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
177cid
Transmission
Manual
My father was kind enough to one up me after junking his van and getting an 03 Ranger FX4 with 95,000mi. He absolutly loves his truck but does not like the fact the front end is always spinning, shafts, front pumpkin, etc. He asked me, since he HATES technology, (will not own a cell-phone or comupter) to come on and see if I can find out if they make lockouts for this generation ranger. I did a search of the forums and had no luck. Doing a search online I had no luck either. Im assuming its a no but I wanted a second opinion, to make him happy.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
To tell the truth, being live axle 4x4 is better. It is less parts or things to get messed up or go wrong. As long as the transfer case engages, the rest will follow. It does suck up a few .1 MPG's more, but its best to have the 4x4 system work when you need it the most.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals