• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My POS Craigslist Special 92 Ranger

JB3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Going to be a real shame to actually drive this and start the dirtying process up again!

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Going to be a real shame to actually drive this and start the dirtying process up again!
I'm starting to feel just like that

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sprayed the front sway bar links.

Started installing poly bushings in the leafs. The bushings themselves get driven out a bit when I insert the metal sleeve tho. Using the silicon grease that Energy Suspension sent with the kit...not sure what I'm doing wrong
I'll figure it out, maybe not using enough grease
I didn't realize I had to drive out that OEM sleeve til today

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Front and rear sway bars measured for correct bushings, ordered new poly bushings from Energy Suspension

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
GF brought this home from work for me, saying I can use it on my truck... then she got mad when I said where the hell am I going to use that on my truck lmao
I did thank her but told her not to waste her time bringing any more

More grinding and paint

Passenger side frame rail is almost done too waiting on girlfriend for paint......and she just walked in the door with some more cans right now

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Finished passenger side frame

Got to finish rear sway bar. Then install all the poly bushings. Then I think the axle is ready to mount

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So the large bushings slip right in easy...

The smaller side doesn't, and I can't get the sleeve in without it popping out the bushings...

It's close tho so I'll just force it into the shackle and bolt it down

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sway bar bushings came in

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For the bushing that keeps popping out. use a c clamp and compress both sides at the same time.

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
For the bushing that keeps popping out. use a c clamp and compress both sides at the same time.
I actually have already tried that, thanks for the tip tho. Someone else had suggested that to me so I gave it a try. He then went on to suggest that the bushings were meeting in the middle and might need trimmed. However the bushings go in just fine and seat completely. They are pretty tight however. When I push the sleeve in is when they get pushed back out a little.

Before I'm completely done I will probably give it another try. But like I said it's really close and I can force it into the shackle and then tighten the bolt if I have to

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I actually have already tried that, thanks for the tip tho. Someone else had suggested that to me so I gave it a try. He then went on to suggest that the bushings were meeting in the middle and might need trimmed. However the bushings go in just fine and seat completely. They are pretty tight however. When I push the sleeve in is when they get pushed back out a little.

Before I'm completely done I will probably give it another try. But like I said it's really close and I can force it into the shackle and then tighten the bolt if I have to
i hear ya man. very impressive work. nice to see someone treat a ranger properly. keep up the progress :icon_thumby: :beer: :beer:

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i hear ya man. very impressive work. nice to see someone treat a ranger properly. keep up the progress :icon_thumby: [emoji481] :beer:
Thank you! Been quite the new experience. Hopefully going to accomplish a lot before the weekend is over if the weather cooperates

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well I either order the wrong front sway bar bushings, or they sent the wrong ones. I need to figure that out

And I need a new rear sway bar

Anybody have a 5/8 inch rear sway bar lying around?

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So the guy that sold me my bed bolts is in Las Vegas for another month, so I called him about the rear sway bar. I am going to make a list of some Parts I still need and see if he can get me some. He swore he could and said all the vehicles look almost brand-new out there in Vegas. He said he could get a perfect bed for me and bring it back here on his way back home to Ohio for four hundred bucks. Anybody want to loan me $400? Lol

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I might have a 5/8" sway bar kicking around the garage. I'd have to take a look, but I know I used to have one.

Frame is looking good man.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals