• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Oil filter relocation causing slow oil pressure??

nev3rl1ft89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys i got a 91 ranger with a fresh 302. I used the trans dapt oil filter relocation kit and im just wondering if this is normal. When i cold start the truck the oil oressure takes a couple seconds to move from 0 and it slowly works its way up to 50. Anyone else experience this problem? Is it something to be concerned about? And where are your relocation brackets mounted.
Thanks

Stangman92

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What weight oil are you using, and are you using the stock oil pressure gauge or aftermarket?

nev3rl1ft89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Running 5w30 not synthetic just regular, changed filters to a good wix. And i have an autometer guage but i installed a manual guage and same thing.

Stangman92

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like everything is correct. I know it takes about 1-2 seconds in my 5.0 mustang too (and it doesn't have a relocation kit) I would consider it normal UNLESS you expirence a valve tick on start-up. As far as where to mount the oil filter its up to you. Usually everyone suggests an area easy to get to, but not in an area that something could hit it (like rocks or road debris).

nev3rl1ft89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have the filter installed straight up on the frame and the relocation kit points up. I was thinking maybe it has some drain back? Its getting airbound and taking a while to fill both the lines

Stangman92

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That could be, personally I'd install both pointing down, like normal. This way when you change your oil its not messy at all.

nev3rl1ft89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Would anything be effected by running the filter sideways? Instead of up and down?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals