• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Aftermarket B2 Headlights

Tb8983

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Not big enough
Transmission
Manual
How does it look to the poor bastards driving the other way?
Actually not to bad only been flashed a couple times in the year ive had them in.

Steeda04SVT

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I got 6K on mine and love them with the diamond clear headlights.

moogvo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L Mustang engine
Transmission
Automatic
You have to be careful buying stuff like this off of ebay. I bought a set for mine and they had absolutely ZERO beam projection. They scattered light everywhere except where I wanted it. Make sure that the ones you buy are "DOT Approved". Otherwise you could be in serious poop if you are involved in an accident at night. Insurance companies have the right (and have been known) to not pay claims if the lights are found to be non DOT.

Be careful!

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Where I live, it seems like everybody has blinding spotlights for their headlights. I drive at night for a living, and even setting 3 ft higher than everyone else, I can't see past the (really nice person) coming the other way. It is becoming a real problem, because some of the roads I run are in bad shape, and in the boonies. Major dips in the road, deer, and other obstacles become even more hazardouse when you don't know they are there until it's too late, simply because the (other guy) wants to have a cooler looking truck than everyone else. I have to deal with this EVERY night.
I do like the looks of these type headlights. But I'm the other guy that has to try to see past them, also.

eclipse2001gt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,nissan
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You have to be careful buying stuff like this off of ebay. I bought a set for mine and they had absolutely ZERO beam projection. They scattered light everywhere except where I wanted it. Make sure that the ones you buy are "DOT Approved". Otherwise you could be in serious poop if you are involved in an accident at night. Insurance companies have the right (and have been known) to not pay claims if the lights are found to be non DOT.

Be careful!
It is no more of a risk than buying parts from an auto parts store. And buying things off eBay just gives you more options of color and style that alot of places don't carry or want more than it is worth.

Plus when you go to buy stuff from some one on eBay you always want to look at the seller rating. That tells allot about that person that is selling things on eBay. And always want to make sure that the seller will take returns just in case some thing was not right with the item that you buy from them.

And yes i do allot on eBay to know this stuff. I buy and sell on eBay but most of the time i buy and i have gotten crap of there and most of the time i get good product off there. It just depends on the seller feedback. You don't want to buy from some one that has more than 5 negative feedback's in 6 months unless you look at the reasons that people gave that feedback to that seller.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Facepalm at HIDs in stock housings. HIDs are only to be used in projector style headlights.

You've probably only been flashed a couple times because 1. thats what gangs do before they run you down and beat you, or 2. they realize you don't have you're brights on and you are too ignorant to purchase good bulbs or proper housings.

Last edited:

ronclark

Supporting Member
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I know this thread is old but i have been in the hospital and just now getting back on my feet even tho i can't go back to work until the doctors say i can.

But these are the one i got on my 87 B2 and i like them. And they cost a lot less then the others.
I have a set of those. i live the way thy look, but thy way thy are cut thy just dont light up the road as well as i wanted

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i have some ones like the OP posted in the explorer...but bought them on ebay, same thing, same brand...but only like $60 shipped lol.

i have the LMC ones in my b2, and LOVE THEM... i will be putting HIDs in my hella's for offroad use only, not in the headlights.. that's just stupid and annoying to everyone else. but people w/ hids in nonprojector housings will see my HID hella's in their face i'm sure...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals