• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 4X4 4.0 basically straight piped.

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i bought it like this, and although i like the sound, what am i loosing power wise? it's cat back. don't know if the cat actually works..but it's there :)

And i have 2 exhaust tips with 1 foot of 2.5" ( i think, just a guess) if i from where it sits, putt in some glass packs and push the tips out the back, would i gain anything in terms of power/mpg? what would i loose?

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
you're not losing any power, and you won't gain any power unless you do work to the intake in conjunction with the exhaust (port and polish, and then some headers).
exhaust alone won't do anything but make it louder but since it's already straight piped you can't get any louder than that besides open headers haha

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
you're not losing any power, and you won't gain any power unless you do work to the intake in conjunction with the exhaust (port and polish, and then some headers).
exhaust alone won't do anything but make it louder but since it's already straight piped you can't get any louder than that besides open headers haha
alright sounds good

GoGoggansGo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i bought it like this, and although i like the sound, what am i loosing power wise? it's cat back. don't know if the cat actually works..but it's there :)

And i have 2 exhaust tips with 1 foot of 2.5" ( i think, just a guess) if i from where it sits, putt in some glass packs and push the tips out the back, would i gain anything in terms of power/mpg? what would i loose?
Your fine unless you take the cats off you will see a small increase running muffler delete compared to the stock muffler. Remember that too little back pressure is a bad thing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals