• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel Pump Replaced and it still doesn't start

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Would any of that be related to the ranger not starting????
So confused..help appreciated.

rangerrick747
I had a similar issue with my 3.0 truck. I'd replaced the engine, and was having charging system/starting issues. It would run perfectly for awhile, and then die. I tried multiple batteries, multiple alternators, and even 2 PCMs, and the problem was present throughout those various iterations. I couldn't find any loose grounds. After fighting it, and throwing parts at it for a couple of months, I broke down and took it to the dealer. An hour later, my truck was fixed. When I reinstalled the engine, I had snapped the "42 Pin" wiring harness connector back together, but I'd forgotten to tighten the bolt that runs through that connector, and it wasn't making a good enough connection. It was starting, and running strictly on the battery. I felt like an idiot, but it's been fine ever since.

The moral of the story, is that a loose/bad electrical connection can definitely cause starting issues, or charging system problems. Sounds like you've found a potential cause. I'd go through and double check every electrical connection you can find in the engine bay just in case.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals