• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Idea Help

Leonm1645

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I have been wanting to do a brush guard for my 90 ford ranger for a while my dad had one on his 91 s-10 and helped a bunch when we hit a deer going hunting at 6 am going 60 mph. the only thing that was broke was his brush guard and his kc lights. he told me he found it in a junkyard but idk, i have seen many pictures of first gen ranger with bullbars, brush guards etc.
I have looked in the roll bar and slide and bumpers tech artial and the only thing in there is roll bar and exterior skeletons Would love some input.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Are you wanting to build one or buy one? I would recommend that you watch Craigslist. Also, I see that you live near me. There are 2 good junk yards in this area. Both LKQ. There is one on White Horse Rd in Greenville, and another in Greer. You can see a photo of their vehicles on the website - usually a front view. They are worth watching. I know it's a little bit of a drive from Westminster. But if you see a couple vehicles that may have what you want and make a list of parts you need, It's worth the trip. https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/LKQ_Self_Service_-_Greenville-212/LINK

Also, watch the thread about the Meet and Greet for the TRS 20th reunion next year. I started a thread for organizing a group here in this area - western Carolinas, eastern Tennessee, northwest Georgia, etc. It's good to see another TRS member so close.

Last edited:

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If you can weld or know someone who can weld then making one will be cheaper than buying on. Are you wanting a complete crush guard that covers the entire front? or a bull guard that covers the middle? There are many options for rangers. bolt on bull guards are fairly cheap online. If you can get someone to make on then you can get the steel from all sorts of places and then paint it with the hard rubber bed liner. that's what I used on my bull guard. I stripped it down to bare metal and painted it with the $6 harbor freight rubberized paint. its tough as hell and looks good. Here's a before and after with my bull guard.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals